From the Department of Duh, Nutella =/= Healthy

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone thinks nutella is healthy. It's just effing good!
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i personally love the taste of Nutella maybe cause im italian. but thats beside the point

nutella is very delicious.

but is it healthy? nah just sinful delicious
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've never had nutella and saw it being advertised as healthly. So, I thought it might be something to buy to spread on whole wheat toast for the kids. I checked out the nutritional value on it at the store and was surprised to see that it was loaded with sugar and didn't have any nutritional value, so I didn't buy it. I assumed it was high in protein and low in sugar by how it was being advertised.

I'm glad I've never tried it now based on how great everyone says it tastes! I already have enough of an issue with peanut butter,
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kremes is healthy, though, roight?

If it's stuffed with nutella, definitely. :glasses:
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    you mean I shouldn't do this?

Nutella-lawsuit-300x197.jpg

All you like. You can stand there all day holding the jar like that, and your arms will get a good workout.

You do know the consistency of Nutella, right? ;)

But if you microwave it for a few seconds..................... Um Not that I'd do something like that you understand.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

You can close your eyes and eat them. That makes them 0 calories, right?

If someone else bought them and brought one to you for you to eat WHILE you're standing up, it's actually negative calories! :bigsmile:
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying it, but forget it!

No no no, you will miss out on one of life's secret joy. Just do in moderation.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Nutella is just satan incarnate!! I can NEVER buy that stuff again - sinfully delish.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Well the lady that sued did, and convinced a jury to agree with her.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing I still have my marshmallow fluff as back up...I can enjoy fluffernutters anytime I want because everyone knows marshmallow fluff is made from air and air has no calories...
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Just claimed for 5. (:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've never had nutella and saw it being advertised as healthly. So, I thought it might be something to buy to spread on whole wheat toast for the kids. I checked out the nutritional value on it at the store and was surprised to see that it was loaded with sugar and didn't have any nutritional value, so I didn't buy it. I assumed it was high in protein and low in sugar by how it was being advertised.

I'm glad I've never tried it now based on how great everyone says it tastes! I already have enough of an issue with peanut butter,

I've noticed it in the commercials, they say it's part of a child's healthy diet and it really does imply that it's made up of hazelnuts and a hint of cocoa.

What they leave out is that the main ingredient is sugar followed by Palm Oil and then Hazelnuts.
  • echandle12
    Options
    I eat it once a week (sunday) on toast, gotta spoil myself with that one.
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    you mean I shouldn't do this?

Nutella-lawsuit-300x197.jpg

All you like. You can stand there all day holding the jar like that, and your arms will get a good workout.

You do know the consistency of Nutella, right? ;)

But if you microwave it for a few seconds..................... Um Not that I'd do something like that you understand.

My favorite frozen yogurt shop has hot nutella you can drizzle on your yogurt. It's the only way I can have it, if I buy a jar it screams at me from the cupboard until I eat it just to get some peace and quiet.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You mean something that's sweet, processed, and in a jar is unhealthy...my mindhole is BLOWN! :noway:
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    They're just now making commercials for a food item that has been in the states for the last 15+ years? And they're just NOW realizing that it isn't healthy?
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Homemade chocolate hazelnut spread is a little healthier. And still very yumm.

http://www.ohnuts.com/blog/2011/01/homemade_nutella_recipe_1.html
  • HealthyLivingKathy
    HealthyLivingKathy Posts: 204 Member
    Options

If it's stuffed with nutella, definitely. :glasses:

Too funny:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • relocatedcowboy
    Options
    I'm German, I grew up on Nutella, how or why would I ever think a chocolate spread is healthy for you. There was a time I could eat it by the spoon fulls. But now there is nothing wrong with indulging in it occasionally or making a recipe with it.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Well the lady that sued did, and convinced a jury to agree with her.

Uh, no. It's a proposed settlement, so it hasn't gone to a jury. Hopefully, they would have said, PUHLEEEEEZE.