Just started BYETTA....

tyme4me
tyme4me Posts: 17
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Can anyone give me hints and tips??? Byetta is something like insulin for Glucose control but it also helps with weight loss. Much appreciated, thanks!!!

Gina

Replies

• NancyHealy
    NancyHealy Posts: 3 Member
    MY HUSBAND USED THAT FOR OVER A YEAR. IT WORKED GOOD, AND ACTUALLY HELPED HIM LOSE THE FIRST 10 POUNDS. AFTER THAT HE OVER ATE SO IT STILL WORKED BUT NOT AS WELL. HE'S ON INSULIN NOW. IF YOU STICK WITH THE BYETTA AND WATCH YOUR FOOD INTAKE IT SHOULD DO WELL BY YOU! eASIER THAN INSULIN AND WAYY BETTER THAN ALL THOSE PILLS FOR SUGAR!
    BTW- I FOUND IT INTERESTING TO FIND THAT IT IS MADE FROM THE POISONOUS VENOM OF THE BYETTA MONSTER ( LIKE A LIZARD) CHECK IT OUT ONLINE! wHO THINKS UP THESE THINGS??
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    If you were prescribed Byetta for weightloss, you are also insulin resistent..........

You need to get your carbs from the following sources:

** Vegetables
    ** Nuts and Seeds
    ** Some Fruit
    ** Some beans (legumes)
    ** Limited Whole grains (oat meal, true whole grain bread where you can see the grains,quinoa, brown rice)
    ** Limited starches (sweet potatos)

You should give up the "white stuff" - aka, white sugar, white flour, white rice, white potatos......
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Just curios. Are you taking Byetta for weight loss or because you're diabetic?
  • tyme4me
    I'm Diabetic and my glucose right now is way out of control. A side effect, bonus, is weight loss with this drug. So far I have been having stomach distress and no appetite.
  • tyme4me
    Thanks Nancy and Lean Lioness for the great advice!!
This discussion has been closed.