Had to post out of sheer irritation.

Options
124»

Replies

• Mammawto9
    Mammawto9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just saw my Dr. on Tuesday,(I am a Newby). I asked him to explain to me how this weight loss thing works. It is equal to a mathematical problem....We consume food. If we consume more than we burn through out the day, we gain.If we eat less than we burn we lose. But be smart about it. Be healthy. Just a Newby perspective.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaah she's probably 1. Lying (both to herself and you) 2. On a starvation high and 3. Going to end up in a hospital either for physical problems from this or for her eating disorder.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    she says you can't beleive what you read on line...about US? LOL! Crazy talk! Seriously though, she is doing such damage to her body, and ultimately to her whole self by trying to live this way. Its unsustainable...something will break down, and probably soon. She isn't even approximating decent nutrition. Its sad. The things we do to ourselves!! I am so glad I have never fallen into a trap like the one she is closing around her own foot!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am betting she misunderstood the advice that you have to "burn off more than you consume." Good advice but she totally misinterpreted it. You need to have a calorie deficit but you also need to give your body energy to function. She doesn't realize that your body burns calories in other ways besides exercise.