Favorite pancake recipe, preferably vegan

Options
damnedlady
damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
What's your favorite pancake recipe? "Healthy" or vegan options welcome! :)

Replies

• Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    These are also gluten free!

from Brendan Brazier's Thrive...

1 cup buckwheat flour
    1/4 cup ground flaxseed
    1/4 cup hemp protein powder
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1 banana
    2 cups water (or to desired consistency)
    1/2 cup barley flakes (I sub with quinoa flakes)
    1/4 tsp salt (optional)

I just put all the ingredients in the food processor (but I'm sure you could pre-mash the banana, mix with the water, and then stir it all by hand if you don't have one)

I love adding blueberries!

Delicious with earth balance and maple syrup, but I've had with just fruit and/or a sprinkle of stevia and cinnamon and that works too...pretty healthy for pancakes!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I like this one:

http://www.grainfreeliving.com/recipes/pancakes/82-buckwheat-pancakes

I use tapioca starch or plantain flour rather than the potato starch. And the cream of tarter is not needed.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    bump
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've made some with Banana (1 or 2), Nut Butter (1-2 tablespoons) and an egg so you could try it with flaxseed meal soaked in water as a replacement for the egg.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    omg I love chef Chloe's pancake recipe

Pancakes

1 cup flour
    1T baking powder
    1/2ts salt
    1/4tsp cinnamon
    3/4 cup water ( i uses a bit more to thin them out a bit)
    3T maple syrup

In large bowl: whisk together dry ingredients. In small bowl whisk together water and maple syrup. Add liquid to dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.

I cook in a lightly oiled nonstick just like normal pancakes...

Even my Omni hubby loves these

From the cookbook Chloe's Kitchen
  • Cullenbraille
    Cullenbraille Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Saw these on Ellen's website. Makes 8

Ingredients:
    11/2 cups nondairy milk (almond, soy, or rice)
    1 cup quick-cook or steel-cut oatmeal
    2 medium-size ripe bananas, chopped
    1/2 cup organic, unbleached, all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
    Vegan butter or nonstick cooking spray, as needed

Directions:
    In a blender, puree the nondairy milk and oatmeal until smooth. Add the bananas, flour, salt, and baking powder, and puree for a few seconds more until the ingredients are incorporated. Allow the batter to rest for about 10 minutes. Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or nonstick cooking spray, then scoop 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake into the pan.

Allow the pancakes to cook slowly over medium to low heat, about 5 minutes per side. When the pancakes show air bubbles all over the tops and the bottoms are browned, flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook on the opposite side until golden brown.
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just tried the previously posted Chef Chloe's pancake recipe. They were simple and turned out great. My boyfriend request I make pancakes and this was the first vegan recipe he had tried, he liked them too!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just tried the previously posted Chef Chloe's pancake recipe. They were simple and turned out great. My boyfriend request I make pancakes and this was the first vegan recipe he had tried, he liked them too!

What i love the most is they are so simple and i 99% have everything to whip up a batch too:) lol hubby is requesting them now that I told him i posted about them lol
  • DanStone
    DanStone Posts: 18
    Options
    Have a look at Rob Riches ones on his website or youtube channel
    www.robriches.com