What Color Should I Paint my Kitchen?

Options
So, after cleaning my entire kitcehn for the summer time I have decided that I want to give it some color. The walls have been the same color since I first moved in...White. I have a light wood color for my cabinets, all white appliances, and white tile.

SO, what color should I go for?

H.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Cooked beef color.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quote]
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    How much light does your kitchen get? :smile:
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    How much light does your kitchen get? :smile:

Tons! I have sliding glass doors in my kitchen heading towards my backyard.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Orange ;) its my new fave...
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A pale yellow always looks nice in the Kitchen - or at the least a pale color depending on how much light you get in there - but dark colors make rooms look smaller so also depending on size my help you decide what color to go with
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    grease colored... then you won't have to wash walls any more :happy:
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Mine is a terracotta orange and I love it!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with a relatively light color. Dark kitchens just don't seem very inviting. I painted my last one a lovely shade of periwinkle blue. It was a great contrast to the white cabinets.

What colors do you like? What colors do you have in your house? You could do a sky blue, a seafoam or sage green, peach or a pale terra cotta type color. There are lots of great options depending on what other decorations you may have or may like to add.
  • Jaloth
    Jaloth Posts: 28
    Options
    orange
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options

BURNT ORANGE.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I just remodeled my entire kitchen with cream white cabinets. I painted 3 walls a sunflower yellow, and 1 wall a terracotta red. I love the results.
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love light blue in a kitchen.
  • carlymouritsen
    Options
    I'd say either orange, which seems to be the popular answer, or teal. That's just my opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Aside from the natural light how is the other lighting? You don't want to go too dark of a color in the kitchen.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    If you eat in your kitchen paint it blue-shade depends on your light. or a cool green. Avoid red, yellow , orange. Fast food restaurants use those colors to stimulate and make you want to eat more. My kitchen is red, but I eat in purple dining room. Small blue or purple plates help you eat less too
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    A beautiful sage or moss green.....nice muted color that goes well with almost anything. I've had in my my living room for years and I haven't gotten tired of it. It goes with beige, rusty reds, yellows....etc. I love it
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Here's a picture of my kitchen. It is fairly small. I don't eat in it. I actually am trying to become a minimalist so I am slowly getting rid of things (today was my kitchen table...)

For some reason it doesn't work >.< oh well, THANK YOU everyone for the different ideas! I will be going paint shopping tomorrow and getting a major upper body workout sometime this week!