Is losing 3 stone by August a realistic target?

Options
hiiiii i am new to MFP and am determind to lose 3 stone by August. I am a university student so drink a lot (and this will not stop through my weight loss journey) but am determind to stop eating chocolate.
I am allergic to dairy and wheat products anyway, and am a vegetarian! so, is it possible?

would also love some friends to keep me motivated , thank you x

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    hello u can add me :)
  • nellybsmith
    nellybsmith Posts: 12
    Options
    hiiiii i am new to MFP and am determind to lose 3 stone by August. I am a university student so drink a lot (and this will not stop through my weight loss journey) but am determind to stop eating chocolate.
    I am allergic to dairy and wheat products anyway, and am a vegetarian! so, is it possible?

• KathyJSR
    KathyJSR Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3 stones = 42 pounds. At a pound a week (recommended) it would take approx. 42 weeks to lose. Don't have calendar in front of me, but August is approx. 11 weeks from now. The math doesn't support losing that much that quickly. BUT you CAN lose about 25% of your goal & that's not bad. It WILL be noticeable, and you will be losing at a rate that is sustainable and safe.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options

you can but it will not be that healthy. With a rapid weight loss like that you will be losing a lot of lean muscle in the process. It is possiblefor you to lose 2 stones by the mid/end of August. I would also watch you alcohol consumption. Too much can actually put on weight. Cuting it out or reducing your intake will help with the weight loss.

FYI I lost almost 8 lbs when i cut out candy, beer, and fast food in 1 month without even exercising that much.
  • nellybsmith
    Options
    THANK YOU so much for your support and comments :) x