Turbo Jam Fat Blaster

Options
I just bought the TJ Fat Blaster and did it for the first time yesterday. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if they got any results from it?

Replies

• ccleadbyexample
    Options
    I have done turbo jam and many other programs for a while..I did this one last week..it just takes time to get the moves down..but the idea is to get your heart rate up and down...to help burn more fat and calories. Great to do to compliment running or other workouts where you don't have the up and down (interval training). What did you think?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I use this as a "supplement" to my other Turbo Jam dvds. I use it on days when I strength train, mostly. It isn't a *big* calorie burner, but it is a good intro to Turbo Jam if that's what you were looking for.

If you have any questions about Turbo Jam, feel free to send me a PM! I'm a beachbody coach & would love to help you out!

Best of luck!
  • Christine30412
    Options
    I've been switching off the 20 minute and CP. I was just wondering if I should also switch off with this too? I work 13 hour days 7 days a week, so I like the fact that its 30 minutes. I thought it was pretty good and pretty intense, but I've only been doing TJ for 2 weeks.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    huH? you guys don't think it's that good of a workout!?!?!?! What?? Man, I have all the TJ videos and I do them all and when you do the Fat Blaster one right and you put your everything in to all the moves, that video should leave you completely soaked through and burn up to 1000 calories. I LIVE on Turbo Jam. IN 2007 I lost 70lbs in 3 months doing them and this year (from june 08 to march 09) I lost like 30+ and then once I started ChaLEAN Extreme I lost another 30+lbs. I think it's great once you really do it a few times. I hope you like it!!! It's once of my Fav!:bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I've been switching off the 20 minute and CP. I was just wondering if I should also switch off with this too? I work 13 hour days 7 days a week, so I like the fact that its 30 minutes. I thought it was pretty good and pretty intense, but I've only been doing TJ for 2 weeks.

My calorie burn (I have a HRM) isn't any different for FB than it is for 20 min. or CP. I burn about 200-some with 20 min, 300-some with FB & 400-some with CP. It's right up there with the rest of them, IMO & you get that awesome stretching in at the end!
  • Christine30412
    Options
    Yea, when I did it, it was really intense. I was just wondering how it measured up to the others.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    huH? you guys don't think it's that good of a workout!?!?!?! What?? Man, I have all the TJ videos and I do them all and when you do the Fat Blaster one right and you put your everything in to all the moves, that video should leave you completely soaked through and burn up to 1000 calories. I LIVE on Turbo Jam. IN 2007 I lost 70lbs in 3 months doing them and this year (from june 08 to march 09) I lost like 30+ and then once I started ChaLEAN Extreme I lost another 30+lbs. I think it's great once you really do it a few times. I hope you like it!!! It's once of my Fav!:bigsmile:

1000 calories? You must be joking.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You definitely want to add FB into the mix and work on really ramping up the intensity during the turbos.

Here's a neat tool that can help you determine where you are working out if you have a heart rate monitor.
    http://www.bodyforlife2.com/max_heart_rate.htm

Most of us can get into the anaerobic range during the turbos. A more advanced workout will push your HR to the VO2 max range, which is how some people can get really crazy calorie burns, though it requires a really high level of fitness.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options

well yeah, not quite a thousand. i meant to say a million . i was trying to say that the amount of effort you put in to it and can burn a ridiculous amount of calories. i'm living proof that it works. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

well yeah, not quite a thousand. i meant to say a million . i was trying to say that the amount of effort you put in to it and can burn a ridiculous amount of calories. i'm living proof that it works. :bigsmile:

Gotcha. I was honestly worried for a moment. :laugh: