Ladies a question for you

Hey everyone,

I have a question for ladies here. What deodorant/body spray you use? It's gonna sound embarrassing but I use my husband's AXE cuz I just love how it smells, even on me!... I smelled Axe for women yesterday and Ughhh it wasn't good. I think sprays work better than sticks, do u agree?

Replies

• Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    I use Degree Citrus zest (I think that's what it is called, it smells great) and it's one of the "clear-dry" kind that don't stick to your clothes. I also have used Secret. I don't like the spray because of the aerosol, but if it works, go for it! I'm a "clear stick" girl.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    i found this awesome natural deodorant that actually works. i use it since i want to avoid the chemicals in commercial brands

it's made buy a company called oyin handmade (oyinhandmade.com) and it's called funk butter. there's are a few scents (citrus, black cedar and unscented) but i just stick with citrus
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    I use lady speed stix
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Right now, I'm using up the travel size Dove, then moving on to Degree. I smell my husband's Old Spice stick every day. I love that stuff.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    I use unscented mitchum, clear gel stick. Then I have to option to put on a perfume or not...
  • OMG, I love my husband's AXE too! So glad to hear it's not just me.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    I use unscented Ban roll on. I don't use deodorant before I work out so the sweat just pours out naturally and my pores get cleaned out. I am severely allergic to Secret (it actually caused 2nd degree burns on my underarms) . Someone who is also sensitive to some scents told me to try Degree, but i haven't tried it yet
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    thank for replies ladies! I'm gonna write down all of the products you use and go to stores to smell them. I especially like the idea of chemical free products!
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    I like Arm and Hammer Baking Soda brand-- my skin is super sensitive so I have to be careful--Ive used the salt crystal rock before and liked it a lot too--however after a few hours I wasn't smelling my best, haha
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Hey everyone,

I have a question for ladies here. What deodorant/body spray you use? It's gonna sound embarrassing but I use my husband's AXE cuz I just love how it smells, even on me!... I smelled Axe for women yesterday and Ughhh it wasn't good. I think sprays work better than sticks, do u agree?

If you don't want the chemicals and aluminum from regular antiperspirants being absorbed into your body, try a brand called Liquid Rock. You will find it in 'healthy' stores. Nowadays, some regular chain markets carry it also. It is not as potent as the chemical antiperspirants, but it does work. There are other similar brands too. And it will not stain your clothing!
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    I use unscented Ban roll on. I don't use deodorant before I work out so the sweat just pours out naturally and my pores get cleaned out. I am severely allergic to Secret (it actually caused 2nd degree burns on my underarms) . Someone who is also sensitive to some scents told me to try Degree, but i haven't tried it yet

Awh that sucks! Secret is my favorite...makes my pits smell like candy :love:
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Dr. Oz said he has a sweating problem and has tried everything on the market. He said to uses Tom's Naturally Fresh. It is made of mineral salt and you have to wet it to use it. The mineral salt kills bacteria it doesn't block you pores and one bottle lasts a year. I have used every clinical deodorant on the market and trust me this Toms is great. And the best part is it natural and only cost $4.00.
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    The ONLY deodorant I can use is Suave baby powder fresh invisible solid. Something is weird with my body chemistry, and all the others I have tried either don't work on me or have a scent that gives me a migraine. Bonus for me: it's cheap!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    I don't use any. Deodorant is really not needed if you shower daily.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I use degree.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    I seem to rotate between Dove, Suave and Secret.
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    I tend not to use it. I've tried many brands over the years and whenever I use it and sweat heavily- I just end up stinking! I find that as long as I drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day and don't consume a lot of garlic (that stuff REALLY sweats through your pores!), I can sweat like crazy doing landscape work and not be smelly at the end of the day. It probably helps that I eat a vegetarian diet and my body pH tends to be slightly more alkaline.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Mitchum for women. It works wonderfully, especially after a workout.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    I don't use any. Deodorant is really not needed if you shower daily.

Erm... rude much? I don't smell when I sweat, and I do sweat profusely when I work out, but everyone's body chemistry isn't the same, and I would never be so ignorant as to assume that a shower a day, which is actually really bad for your hair to wash it every day, is the way to go for every person. My sister can step out of the shower, function for an hour in a warm summer day, and without deodorant smells terrible. She's one of the "cleanest" people that I know. If anti-perspirant and deodorants were truly unnecessary, there wouldn't be so many people buying it and seeing results when they use it.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    I seem to rotate between Dove, Suave and Secret.

Same here, but I'm really liking Secret right now, and only the gels. No white gunk, thank you!