NSV - Blood pressure - share yours too!

Options
2Bgoddess
2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
Before losing weight, my BP was 155/97. The doctor didn't seem too concerned, but I didn't think it was very good. I had my BP taken today, at it is 117/80. holy crap!

do you know your before and after BP numbers?

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Mine went from about 140/90 all the way down to 105/68!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    mine were around 125/85 so not crazy but still too high for a 20 year old, now i think its ridiculous like 115/75
  • ajp913
    ajp913 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    the worst my bp has ever been is 130/96. That's technically pre-hypertensive. My current is 120/83. Sometimes i wonder if I weren't fat what it would be... maybe i should find out.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    my pressure and cholesterol were THROUGH THE ROOF!! I had just turned 18 at the time and got tests done. i couldn't believe how bad everything was. it took a year from that point to realize i needed a change. luckily, november 2011, i started doing what i did and nowadays, all my #'s are down. pressure doesn't touch 85 + for the bottom number, which was the problem back then at 120 + :(. no joke.
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    did mine today... had no clue what it was before.

I am 124 over 66 with a resting heart rate of 56
  • SlideboyxBrian
    SlideboyxBrian Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 70 lbs and have had my bload pressure meds lowered and will go back in a few weeks to see if I can lower them some more and hoping to get off them some time soon. This is a major goal for me. I still have about 40 lbs I need and want to loose this year. I think the ait loss is a factor but also the increased fitness from cario training and lifting a moderate amount of weights.

Congrats on your healthy success and continue your great efforts!
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if mine should could b/c I have congenital heart problems so I am prone to hyper-tension but at one point and time my blood pressure was 155/110 Super Scary ( I was on BP medication and I was only 22 NOT OKAY)

I just got out of the hospital ( pacemaker replacement) and my BP was 117/76 WOO HOO!!!! I am super proud of myself!!!

So although I still have a ways to go I can see those results and be happy that internally my body is doing better.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Before losing 32 lbs my weight was around 200/100. I take 2 bp meds just to keep it down below stroke level.

Since dropping the weight I am now almost too low!! LoL Wednesday my bp was 125/80 for me those are phenomenal numbers considering I have lived the past 20 yrs on the verge of a stroke.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Mine is ALWAYS 117/78
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine was usually around 120ish/70ish. Now, it's usually between 104/66 - 117/68.
  • Motivated__
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine is normally: 120-129/ 70-75. So I guess I'll have to find out. Resting pulse: 70-77
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    124/74 Despite my weight, I've never had high BP. Now I'm working to make sure I never do.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?
    Non Scale Victory
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    During my heavier days, I used to get readings like 160/112. I was taking two meds a day! I haven't gotten it tested in a while, but my last reading was a calming 114/82. Not sure how good THAT is, but it's thrice as better than the older readings.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?

NSV = non scale victory
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Despite being at a healthy weight (although the high end of healthy), I was diagnosed with hyper tension at 165lbs and 25 years old. It was 160/120 at that initial visit. I was on medication after that. After my second pregnancy I lost weight mostly with diet, got down to 145. I tried going off medication after that but it was still borderline high. It went down to normal during my third pregnancy but rose again after that. Now w/ exercise and weight lifting it's normal 120/80 (without medication) at 160lbs.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    98/64. I am a freak.

oh - my cholesterol is 112.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I've always had high BP, but without diet/exercise it skyrockets.
    November pre-surgery 132 lbs = 135/89
    Highest weight ever January 155 lbs = 167/116
    Current 144.4 lbs = 137/96

My Baseline: 18yo 112 lbs = 130/85

Probably not an awesome number for many, but it's awesome for me. I also use myfitnesspal to monitor salt, sugar, and alcohol consumption so that contributes to the changing number, too.
  • Motivated__
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?

NSV = non scale victory

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!