Fatburners??

rkwestfall
rkwestfall Posts: 37 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello ya'll,

I am wondering if anyone has had real honest success with any fatburners/weight loss pills on the market?
And if they have had some negative side effects etc...

I hope to hear from you soon!
:wink:

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Not too many people are into supplements around here ... hope you're ready for the lectures! :tongue:
  • rkwestfall
    Not too many people are into supplements around here ... hope you're ready for the lectures! :tongue:

Yeah im real sure about them either??? :noway:

Thanks for the warning
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Not a "fat burner", but a friend of mine has AMAZING success with CLA - it's amazing, but quite expensive (about $50 for a two week supply). Do a little research online and see what you think. You use it in conjunction with diet and exercise - and she's done fairly heavy weight trainging with it.

Even my naturopathic doctor thinks it's great. I just can't afford it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    I have actually used the GNC brand fatburners and lost around 50lbs...THIS WAS SEVERAL YRS AGO. Side effects...grinding teeth, head aches and i had a hard time sleeping. THE WORST SIDE EFFECT...as soon as i stopped i regained a lot of weight and not from my diet...i think they really messed with my metabo...I would never do it again.
  • rkwestfall
    Not a "fat burner", but a friend of mine has AMAZING success with CLA - it's amazing, but quite expensive (about $50 for a two week supply). Do a little research online and see what you think. You use it in conjunction with diet and exercise - and she's done fairly heavy weight trainging with it.

Even my naturopathic doctor thinks it's great. I just can't afford it!

Yes I have researched and used CLA in the past.. I wasn't sure if it helped though. I know you have to take like at least 3grams/day for approx 3mons to start seeing benefits.

How long did ur friend take it for? And do you think she had success do to her diet and exercise and not taking the CLA?
  • 135gratitude
    I've read that all these "Supplements" count for the last 2% or so, if you think of diet as 70%, and exercise as 28% of the equation....

I personally don't use them, or believe too strongly in them, but she said it really worked! It could have had a placebo effect, but, regardless, she did well!
  • rkwestfall
    I've read that all these "Supplements" count for the last 2% or so, if you think of diet as 70%, and exercise as 28% of the equation....

I personally don't use them, or believe too strongly in them, but she said it really worked! It could have had a placebo effect, but, regardless, she did well!

Thank you Betty for your input!
  • 135gratitude
    I checked out your profile - you are pretty slim girl! (and quite pretty!) You are most likely a good candidate for this, as you are pretty close to your goal!

Good luck and if you try something, let us know how it goes!
  • hiddensecant
    Placebos don't work on me very well :laugh:.

I remember learning about it back in school and trying it out on my brother (told him that this vitamin was a painkiller and it knocked him out) ... I don't think I ever told him about that.

EDIT: Wow, you do have a great body! Is that a recent photo or is that your goal?
  • 135gratitude

I remember learning about it back in school and trying it out on my brother (told him that this vitamin was a painkiller and it knocked him out) ... I don't think I ever told him about that.

Hahahaha! I do find this with my vitamins - if I take them, I just "feel" better!!! Hmmmm.....

She does have a great figure - but may I ask WHAT she is doing in that picture???? Is that a telephone pole???:smile: Do tell us....
  • rkwestfall

Hahahaha! I do find this with my vitamins - if I take them, I just "feel" better!!! Hmmmm.....

She does have a great figure - but may I ask WHAT she is doing in that picture???? Is that a telephone pole???:smile: Do tell us....

Yes that is a telephone pole...lol. I was in a parade...but its a recent body pic..i dont have that many body pics that are recent...so thats the one I have..:laugh:

Im 5'8 and weight 143
    my goal is 130-135
    I would like to be more lean and lose bodyfat to show muscle definition...

Thanx for ur support!
  • ashereid
    ashereid Posts: 2
    I too am 5"8 and 147 pounds... It's easy to get to 140 but going beyond that is hard. That's usually when I counting calories and gain it back!
  • 135gratitude

Yes that is a telephone pole...lol. I was in a parade...but its a recent body pic..i dont have that many body pics that are recent...so thats the one I have..:laugh:

Im 5'8 and weight 143
    my goal is 130-135
    I would like to be more lean and lose bodyfat to show muscle definition...

Thanx for ur support!

You are smokin hot girl! To heck with dieting! You're perfect right now! But seriously, good for you for wanting to improve even more! Good luck!

Oh.... a parade....
    :smile:
  • hiddensecant
    What are you doing for exercise and micronutrients?

Heavy strength training with moderate to high protein (30-40%) are the main guns for leaning out and getting cut when you're already at a healthy BMI. Songbird does a 40/40/20 which you can rotate in and out of depending on how well it helps with the muscle. Mixing a little HIIT with cardio couldn't hurt either. You're probably already doing some if not all of that, but there are some ideas in case there's something in there you' haven't tried yet.

For supplements, I just take a multivitamin for active women; I'm using the GNC formula. I'm also taking Acai but it doesn't burn fat like some people think it can, at least not for me; it does wonders for my immunity though ... I haven't been sick once since starting it.
  • rkwestfall
    What are you doing for exercise and micronutrients?

Heavy strength training with moderate to high protein (30-40%) are the main guns for leaning out and getting cut when you're already at a healthy BMI. Songbird does a 40/40/20 which you can rotate in and out of depending on how well it helps with the muscle. Mixing a little HIIT with cardio couldn't hurt either. You're probably already doing some if not all of that, but there are some ideas in case there's something in there you' haven't tried yet.

For supplements, I just take a multivitamin for active women; I'm using the GNC formula. I'm also taking Acai but it doesn't burn fat like some people think it can, at least not for me; it does wonders for my immunity though ... I haven't been sick once since starting it.

Thanx ghanie...I just changed my goal setting to 40/40/20...It was originally set for the recommend ratio.

I do take a multivitamin currently.

I do cardio mostly right now to lose a few allover lbs, like spin classes, and running on treadmil. When i run i do bouts of high intensity rotations (sprints) or incline. Also every now and again i will do weight training to keep my muscle mass, but I suppose I should do more :smile:
  • hiddensecant
    Hehe, yeah, if you want the muscle to show you gotta do more. And the increase in muscle will burn extra fat by default.

There are a few things you can try when it comes to playing with your micronutrients. You can stay on a 40/40/20 or rotate to 50/30/20 each month (or even 60/20/20). If you're rotating workouts also, then 40/40/20 months can be heavier strength training while 50/30/20 can be heavier cardio months. You can also + or - 5% on each micronutrient depending on what your body tends to prefer in terms of energy and endurance.

But play around with it and mix things up every now and then to keep your body challenged. That's the basic premis of all those elite training systems.
This discussion has been closed.