Just realized I'm half way there!

Options
HannahRoo
HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
I started this journey over a year ago and fell out of it when work got too stressful. I had lost about 7 lbs but started eating pure junk again and gained about 5 of it back. Just about 3 months ago my husband and I started talking seriously about starting a family together. I started thinking about my health and my future. I came back to this site and saw those who were in the same boat as me when I left were now so fit and healthy and one (TamTastic) even having an amazing healthy pregnancy! What an inspiration!

Right then it all clicked together in my head. This time it's all about me and my future. Not about looks. Not about others. Just me and my future. No excuses. I have to do this. It makes sense like never before.

Today I updated my weight and noticed that I am at the half way point. There's no looking back now!

That is all :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :drinker: Isn't it great when it finally clicks!?

Welcome back and best wishes for your future family. :flowerforyou:
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    aww yay that's awesome!!!!! keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you definately want to do it BEFORE kids. I was over weight before I got pregnant. I got diabetes with my first pregnancy and kept it. I kept gaining weight and then had another child. This one with special needs so it was even harder to workout and eat right. So stressful. But I am doing it now. I wish I could go back in time to do it all over with a healthy weight. I want to be a healthy example for my kids and be around to take care of them, ect. Not to mention be healthy for me (not have diabetes) and look good! Trust me, you will thank yourself!
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you definately want to do it BEFORE kids. I was over weight before I got pregnant. I got diabetes with my first pregnancy and kept it. I kept gaining weight and then had another child. This one with special needs so it was even harder to workout and eat right. So stressful. But I am doing it now. I wish I could go back in time to do it all over with a healthy weight. I want to be a healthy example for my kids and be around to take care of them, ect. Not to mention be healthy for me (not have diabetes) and look good! Trust me, you will thank yourself!

Yeah, this is something I also have to watch out for. My uncle and my mom both have diabetes, which makes my risk high from what I understand. After seeing what they go through that's the last thing I want to deal with during a pregnancy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!