TV Series to Bike to

Options
Hi all!

So I'm dealing with a broken toe so I can't do my regular workouts. But I tried cycling on my road bike on a trainer today, and it seemed to go well. Since I assume this is going to be my main activity for the next 6 weeks, I'm looking for recommendations for what to watch while cycling.

What are your favorites tv series - 30 or 60 minutes that keep you engaged? These can be old or new.

Replies

• zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    I run on my treadmill while watching star trek TNG. Lol, nerd here. Also watching The wire right now.
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people at the gym watching biggest loser on the tvs they have in there. They say its extra motivation :)
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've gone through Damages, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, In Treatment, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, and The Big C. HBOgo and Netflix will see me through! Maybe I'll watch The Wire next.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Love this thread! I have gone through every show. But I really look forward to Downton, GCB, New Girl, Glee, Daily Show, Wendy Williams .. I always keep my queue full!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    SUPERNATURAL!!!!!
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    SUPERNATURAL!!!!!

Yep, I was going to say this exact thing! Supernatural is beyond awesome!
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dexter, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Modern Family, Sherlock
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people at the gym watching biggest loser on the tvs they have in there. They say its extra motivation :)

With respect, I'd approach watching shows like that with caution. Don't forget that these are ordinary people, but people under specialized care and free from the routine of normal life. They're also in a competition and have an incentive to take shortcuts. Shows like that are also not shown in "real time" - each week's episode covers almost 2 weeks of "real time".

Some real people in the real world can find it discouraging if they start comparing themselves and their own real-world weight loss to what someone with a team of nutritionists, no daily grind, and nothing to do but work out and eat specially-prepared meals.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I used to love watching 24, because it's action packed and I felt that it -somehow- gave me more energy :laugh:
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I don't know about tv shows, but I watched Halloween while on the treadmill, and let me tell you- I ran faster than I ever had before I think! Scary is the way to go!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My favorite shows are:

Boardwalk Empire
    2 seasons (Atlantic city mobsters during the american prohibition of alcohol)

Game of Thrones
    on season 2 (fantasy series, a kingdoms struggle with claim over the throne)

Mad Men
    on seasaon 6(1960s New York advertising firm, so well done!)

Breaking Bad
    4 seasons (High schoolteacher with cancer turns to drug production to support his family)

and if you like Anime: One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, Death Note, Berserk, ... I can give summaries if anyone would like :)
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    Oooooh I also like Hart of Dixie and PLL. I once biked for two hours watching Pretty Little Liars!
  • jdm120
    jdm120 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dexter
    Mad Men
    Game of thrones
    Homeland
    My big fat gypsy wedding (if you don't have it in the US yet, there will be a similar show soon)
    Music Channel
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like going to the gym when I know re-runs of "Everybody Loves Raymond" is on TV... I probably look like an idiot working out and laughing out loud with my headphones on, but it makes my workout go by faster and I don't really care what people around me think! :) Good luck!
  • Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dexter, True Blood, Downton Abby, and now I'm watching back seasons of The Tudors. I do like Grey's Anatomy, GCB, and some of the half hour sitcoms. I've heard great things about Madmen. Good luck!