it just isn't working -- no movement on the scals

Options
I have one of those bodies that just doesn't lose weight. When I was younger I didn't have the best eating habits and definately had an issue with eating right if I ate. Now, I seem to be paying for it. I don't think I have a metabolism at all. It doesn't seem to matter how well I eat, the scale doesn't move. I use to be an individual that took LOTS of bites but, since logging on here, have that under control. I have gone from 1200 calories to trying to achieve 1400 calories based on the comments I read. I often find I struggle to hit 1200 so will eat some popcorn late just to up the calorie intake. I do cardio 3 - 4 times each week. This is primarily cardio -- running, spinning, fast walking...etc. I haven't lost anything. The scale just moves up and down 3-4 pounds. It has been 4 weeks. So deflated :(

Replies

• webobble
    webobble Posts: 1
    Options
    You didnt mention how long a cardio workout you do. I can say from experience,p90x is very intense cardio and insantiy even more so. I lost since Aug 20th, 40 pounds total from excercise and changing my diet to better food choices. GOOD LUCK
  • Kal_n_130
    Kal_n_130 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im going through the same thing :( im hiding my scale and just going to focus on eating right, proportions, and getting to the gym! and maybe with in a few weeks weight my self.
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually try to do 1 hour. Today, for example, I did 10 on the elyptical, spinning class and then 10 for a slow jog on the treadmill. today it was actually about 70 min.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    make sure you take your measuremts as well, sometime when the scale doesn't move you are still losing inches! And don't forget to add strength training into the mix!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have one of those bodies that just doesn't lose weight. When I was younger I didn't have the best eating habits and definately had an issue with eating right if I ate. Now, I seem to be paying for it. I don't think I have a metabolism at all. It doesn't seem to matter how well I eat, the scale doesn't move. I use to be an individual that took LOTS of bites but, since logging on here, have that under control. I have gone from 1200 calories to trying to achieve 1400 calories based on the comments I read. I often find I struggle to hit 1200 so will eat some popcorn late just to up the calorie intake. I do cardio 3 - 4 times each week. This is primarily cardio -- running, spinning, fast walking...etc. I haven't lost anything. The scale just moves up and down 3-4 pounds. It has been 4 weeks. So deflated :(

It is not physically possible to eat less than your BMR calories over time, combined with exercise, and not lose weight. You may lose fat, muscle, or some combination. But if you eat X and burn up X plus something, you will in time lose body mass. Use the software, be accurate and honest. Stay with it. It will happen.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    and for your cardio instead of doing like a steady pace run do hill sprints and other sprint/jog intervals!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Having the same problem. Did a fruits and veggies only cleanse for the first week and dropped 7 lbs. The second week I added back in some protein and (only healthy) fats, I put 4 lbs back on. I am a student of nutrition at a college for natural medicine. My diet is optimal, to say the least. I drink upwards of 10 glasses of water + green tea per day. I am also finding it hard to get to 1200 cals, esp when I excercise, which is 4-5 days per week of weight training, heated power yoga and eliptical. It has now been 3 weeks of that and the scale has not moved...according to MFP, I should be losing 1-2 lbs per week. SO frustrating!
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nice excuse but I don't buy your BS! We are about the same age and I know for a fact that you can lose weight. Just be honest on your profile and track everything you eat. Follow the instruction of the software as stated before. Also, make smart eating choices. The key to losing pounds starts in the kitchen, stay away from processed foods and eat fresh foods and lean protein. Get to know the produce section at your grocery store, you will grow to love it. I am pulling for you, just stop making excuses for yourself and make it happen. Its up to you and only you? Good Luck.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    STRENGTH TRAINING. the more muscles you have the more calories you burn all the time. aka increasing your metabolism.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump.