Which one is more important.. Looks or Personality

Options
Aleyonce
Aleyonce Posts: 43 Member
Out of curiousity and i would like to get EVERYONE opinion on this.

Would you date a woman/ man who isnt so attractive but has a great personality?

Replies

• Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Most definitely! Looks fade.
    I will say that if you dont have a way to show off your personality to the person youre interested in, you better look good or find another way to get their attention...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I don't get too hung up on people's looks. Personality is way more important to me.
  • Aleyonce
    Options
    Most definitely! Looks fade.
    I will say that if you dont have a way to show off your personality to the person youre interested in, you better look good or find another way to get their attention...

Thats true it can really go both ways depending on the situation. But i think its bs sometimes when someone says looks doesnt matter because at the end of the day you want to be attracted to your mate in everyway to keep it going or you maybe resentful or stray
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I think both play a role, but the one thing that in my opinion helps gives a relationship a higher rate of success is compadible personalities. :)
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Attractiveness is different for everyone, so someone I find hot may not be hot to the next person.

I do put more emphasis on personality though, an extremely attractive person gets less attractive with a bad personality and an average looking guy can become irresistible with a great personality...
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Hellzzzzzzzzzzz No!!
  • area55
    area55 Posts: 16
    Options
    Personality
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yes! Personality is everything! When I was younger maybe thought different :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...as is personality, to a lesser degree.

Attraction (of all kinds) is a fickle thing.

:bigsmile:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Personality, I like someone who can make me laugh and I can have fun with, of course looks are important you need to be attracted to the person, but sometimes it's all about the personality.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thats true it can really go both ways depending on the situation. But i think its bs sometimes when someone says looks doesnt matter because at the end of the day you want to be attracted to your mate in everyway to keep it going or you maybe resentful or stray
    Looks matter, but the better the personality, the less important they become. I'd say looks are what draw you to a person initially, but the personality determines whether you'll stick around or not.
  • Aleyonce
    Options
    Attractiveness is different for everyone, so someone I find hot may not be hot to the next person.

I do put more emphasis on personality though, an extremely attractive person gets less attractive with a bad personality and an average looking guy can become irresistible with a great personality...

You are so right with that.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Looks are far more important. Personality doesn't matter. Definitely looks.

-_-
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Personality 100%. I didn't find my boyfriend that attractive when I started dating him but our personalities just clicked. I'm glad I tried it out because the physical attraction definitely came later. He's much more romantic than guys in the past, maybe because he doesn't have the ego that comes from great looks??
  • Aleyonce
    Options
    Personality, I like someone who can make me laugh and I can have fun with, of course looks are important you need to be attracted to the person, but sometimes it's all about the personality.

Agreed,
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Aleyonce
    Options
    I ask this question because recently this guy wanted to date me but i just could not find a way to be attracted to him physically. He had a nice personality but look wise, i couldnt even say he was cute. Im not saying im the best thing since slice bread but geeez. I felt bad about it :(
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Neither. I base all relationships on astrological signs and sexual talent.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Looks are more important, at first. If the personality isn't there though the looks get ugly real quick. On the other hand, once you get to know a personality it could greatly improve the looks. So they are both equally important, but honestly looks are always what grabs attention first.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    id say overall personality matters most, i think as humans initially we use looks at first to decide if we want to go talk to someone. there has to be an attraction to the person in my opinion.then if you're attracted you go & see what they're all about. if though i find you good looking but there's no personality to back it up doesnt last for me. looks only get you so far, & plus they arent forever id rather have someone who makes me laugh & can hold conversation.