My Protein Keeps being over my recommended limit

Options
Hi, I am on day number 4 and I am keeping on track for the most part.....all but my protein. :noway: What is going on ? I am averaging anywhere from 30 to 50 over my limit. Is this bad ? I am being very very careful about portion control and feel I am making healthy choices. I am seeing that fresh fish, tuna, and grilled chicken strips are pretty high in protein. What should I be changing. Let me know....I am listening.

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My protein is over EVERY day. I am only 2.5 weeks on the site, but I am losing. If you go over in anything best that it is protein, especially if you work out. Looks like all your proteins are lean like mine, so you should be just fine.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Unless you have kidney problems, don't change a thing. It's OK to be over on your protein, especially when working out. Just make sure the sources of protein are lean... sounds like they currently are with your fish and chicken.
  • 08sweek
    08sweek Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem, my protein is always way under. Can you recommend things that you eat that are high in protein?
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Those percentages are off in my opinion. If you are getting exercise, you should be eating a decent amount of protein. Don't worry about it; just keep doing what you are doing!
  • staclo
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem, my protein is always way under. Can you recommend things that you eat that are high in protein?

tuna
    shellfish
    lean beef
    fat free ham
    turkey
    tofu
    greek yogurt
    eggs

I personally think that the protein percentage is too low...especially if you are working out. Work to get that protein up there!
  • 08sweek
    08sweek Posts: 38 Member
    Options

tuna
    shellfish
    lean beef
    fat free ham
    turkey
    tofu
    greek yogurt
    eggs

I personally think that the protein percentage is too low...especially if you are working out. Work to get that protein up there!

Thanks!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

I have 1-2 protein shakes every day to help get my protein up there.

Some others yogurt, soy milk, cottage cheese.

Chicken, pork.
  • staclo
    Options

I have 1-2 protein shakes every day to help get my protein up there.

Some others yogurt, soy milk, cottage cheese.

Chicken, pork.

Yeah, thanks. I was just going off the top of my head. I have protein shakes and bars too.
  • tlyoung
    tlyoung Posts: 16
    Options
    Glad you posted that. My protein is usually over also and I have been exercising, so all is good. I'm losing weight:smile:
  • kshiz
    kshiz Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow...thanks everyone for all the good advice and thoughts. I LOVE THIS WEBSITE......the list of lean protein foods that some of you mentioned is what I have been eating, so I feel better about this all. I was surprised at the protein in my organic wheat wrap from Trader Joe's ! Well at least I am not being tempted to fill up on a big fat juicy rib eye steak !
  • blindrn
    blindrn Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been working with a personal trainer who has put my daily protein amt higher than what MFP does. I'm doing strength training with weights two hours a week, and then adding in cardio. She recommended my ratio to be 25% protein, 55% carbs and 20% fat which is more protein and less fat than what MFP gives. You can adjust your settings for different amts so that you set your daily protein higher if you want to do so.