What would you do if you had a body like mine? *Pics*

Options

Replies

• rkennedy54
    Options
    Be kind to yourself!!! You have just had a baby! Just be aware of what you are eating (sugar and fat content), reduce how much you are eating and try and get plenty of exercise. Perhaps go for a big walk with your baby i the pram each day. Fresh air is also good and will give you some time out too. Perhaps also find a friend to exercise with and who will support you.
    The hormones will also need to get back to pre baby and pregnancy so that should also sort itself out. Set yourself small goals for each week to achieve and if at the end of the month you have attained them, treat yourself to something small for yourself (e.g. new lipstick or a new top). Main thing is don't get discouraged!

Good luck :):flowerforyou:
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    you are in far better shape than I am, and I've not been pregnant for 15 years :laugh: Really, you look fine. If I were in your shoes I'd just focus on some regular exercise, plenty of water and eat healthy. Come back and show us how you look when your baby's a year old? I reckon you'll look amazing :smile:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I did have a body like yours after having three babies. Actually, I was much MUCH bigger than you. You look small compared to how large I used to be. I weighed around 130kg! I am now down to 90 something and want to get down to 80. I used bio oil and the stretch marks are still there but they have faded a lot and if I have the courage to wear a bikini in public and sunbathe to tan my tummy - can hardly see the stretch marks at all. You can improve your body one day at a time. It is not always easy but it is totally possible! Good luck to you girl and enjoy your new baby :smile:
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    you've got a lovely post-partum body :)

i'm 3 months out from groin surgery, so over the past two months i have been slowly building up my fitness.

because i was starting at zero fitness the first thing i did was a highly modified version of 30DS to build up a bit of strength, and walking. as i felt stronger i pushed a little harder, worked a little more frequently, and worked toward a goal of being able to do 60mins of exercise every day (i'm single so I have this luxury, but setting a goal of 30 mins daily, even if you have to divide it up, will help). in the past two months i've started to increase my weights, increase my walking distances, added some yoga, started running (literally started at like a minute at a time and am now up to 8 mins).

diet-wise, i set myself to lose 1lb per week and followed mfp's guidelines. good luck!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!!!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Be very proud of what you have achieved in the last year! Eat sensibly & walk lots. Don't forget to enjoy your baby. Time enough to beat yourself up about weight gain!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    However, I must say, for being 2 months post partum, you look great.

Good luck to you.

This, this and absolutely this.

I remember a couple of weeks after my little girl was born, looking in the mirror at what seemed to me to be a wreck of a body, and thinking that I looked like I'd survived something really awful.
    Your body has been through a massive event, and it's come out looking ok, really. Get on with a healthy diet. Some appropriate light cardio. I know it's hard to get out to the gym when you have a very small baby, so I think the suggestions of something like the 30DS are a good idea - or check out bodyrock tv for a free alternative.

Enjoy the preciousness of that tiny baby, and don't spend too much time worrying about how you look. You do look good for 2 months pp, and I reckon you'll have the body you used to have - and if you want, better - in no time.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    First i will tell you that stretch marks are not the end of the world.
    I have many, and you know what they dont upset me one bit.
    They just make me feel stronger. And i hope that you can feel the same way.

Yes you do need to loose weight by eating less.
    But i would recommend focusing on exercise over dieting.
    Because you are not that big, and as long you have confidence then you will look sexy.

If i was you (honestly) ->>..

Then food-wise, i'd try to eat healthier. Try to only eat when im hungry, not snack. And try to cut down on my portions. (I struggle with all of these things).
    And exercise-wise i would try to do atleast, im gonna say 50 sit-ups a day. That will make your belly very tight, and create a really nice shape down your stomache and back.
    If i had your body i would feel that i needed to start to create a shape, before trying to fit into that shape if you get what i mean..

But thats just what i would do, honest opinions.

EDIT:

I didnt realise you where pregnant. ( I read you where on one of the replies you go to your post).
    In that case i would still eat the same amount, just try to make healthier choices. Which should help.
    And do light exercise, like yoga, stuff like that..
    And then after you have had the baby, go to the above thing i said.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Main thing to be aware of is that you need to treat your abdominal muscles carefully. If they have separated then crunches are the worst thing you can do for them. Google 'transverse abdominal exercises' and you should find some things that are suitable. For me I found that I could concentrate on eating well, or exercising but not both at the same time until my baby was a bit older (and second time until my older daughter went to kindy!) so work on eating well first and any exercise will be a bonus. Once you have had time to heal you will find that it is easier to exercise.
    Most of all, don't worry about it too much! Those first few weeks with a baby are overwhelming and special so savour all the good things and hang in there for the not so good ones.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I did have a body like yours :)

Lift weights, follow a good diet high in protein and following MFP's calories.

Do some cardio... lift weights.

Be patient.
  • beckyg101
    beckyg101 Posts: 30
    Options
    I would first of all love it :) and then do what people are saying but don't ever get down about it as a woman's body has a wonderful magically purpose. You'll get there!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Be patient.

i think (i stand to be corrected) her body needs to be more fully recovered before she can start heavy lifting. 2 months is too soon, i suspect?
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Haven't read all the replies, but definitely keep breastfeeding if you are, it will help with weight loss. And just healthy diet and exercise, being mindful of the fact that if you are breastfeeding you need to give yourself another 500 calories a day than what you'd normally have. Doesn't look like you had a ceasar so you should be right to do light to moderate exercise straight away I would think?
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Definitely drink water!!!!! Helps with milk production, thererfore helping with weight loss. Also, make sure you're getting enough cals if your nursing. about 300 more a day than normal. But just eat clean. What do you want your baby to eat? Fried foods with lots of salt and sugar? or foods in a more natural state so they get vitamins and nutrients? That has helped me get started because I didn't want my baby girl to have what I was eating. So instead, I changed what I was eating. Congrats and good luck!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun

Don't be too hard on yourself you have not long had a baby.
    First of all I have to say great curves, you have great boobs and from looking at the photos it seems to me the only place that needs a little exercise is around your stomach.

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is excellent, i got quick results from doing this dvd and it only costs something like £5 to buy online.
    Also what diet are you following?
    If you are breastfeeding i have heard this can help with weight loss too. And you will need some extra calories to allow for this.
    And if you are worried about the stretchmarks get some cocoa butter for stretch marks and vitamin e tablets. These will really help.
    Give yourself a few months and im sure you will be feeling great again. xxx
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Can I just say for being 2 months post postpartum, you look damn good. Your stomach is a lot tighter than mine after I had my last baby. My belly is all loose and saggy and looks like a butt!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options

Be patient.

i think (i stand to be corrected) her body needs to be more fully recovered before she can start heavy lifting. 2 months is too soon, i suspect?

I don't see a c-section scar, so 2 months is just fine. Usually 6 weeks is the recovery time for a normal healthy delivery.
  • JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Definite confidence booster! I started 30 Day Shred yesterday and will keep you guys posted! Feel free to add me, I need all the help I can get. Oh, and I did have a Cesarean, Baby girl was 9 lb 11 oz!

untitled1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Me @ Baby Shower 2-18-2012, 253 lbs.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Definite confidence booster! I started 30 Day Shred yesterday and will keep you guys posted! Feel free to add me, I need all the help I can get. Oh, and I did have a Cesarean, Baby girl was 9 lb 11 oz!

untitled1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Lovely pictures!!!!! You don't look 253 to me. You tall? lol
  • JTHRONES
    JTHRONES Posts: 75
    Options

untitled1.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Lovely pictures!!!!! You don't look 253 to me. You tall? lol

Eh, I'm 5'9. Short to me, tall to others!