90lbs lost, 40lbs to go- pics!

Options
Rawrbyn
Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
I started out at 288+. When I weighed in for my work physical, I couldn't believe that I had reached almost 300lbs. I decided to do something about it.
Right now, I'm 198. I have about 40lbs to go, and then I'll see how I feel. It hasn't been easy, but 90lbs in a year isn't terrible!

beforeafter.jpg

Replies

• zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    90 pounds in a year- that is phenominal! You look great!
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That really is amazing and inspirational! You go girl, you are looking terrific and proud! Your efforts in just one year show the hard work and dedication you have put into this mission.

Oh and I looooove the colour of your hair in your profile pic! :flowerforyou:
  • Rawrbyn
    Options
    That really is amazing and inspirational! You go girl, you are looking terrific and proud! Your efforts in just one year show the hard work and dedication you have put into this mission.

Oh and I looooove the colour of your hair in your profile pic! :flowerforyou:

Thank you!! I really need to color it again, but I'm waiting until I hit the 100lbs lost mark to reward myself. :)
  • mamakayy
    mamakayy Posts: 36
    Options
    90 pounds in a year is AMAZING! That's like a pound every four days!!

YOu look great!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    wonderful work you look great! keep up the good work!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I started out at 288+. When I weighed in for my work physical, I couldn't believe that I had reached almost 300lbs. I decided to do something about it.
    Right now, I'm 198. I have about 40lbs to go, and then I'll see how I feel. It hasn't been easy, but 90lbs in a year isn't terrible!

beforeafter.jpg

u look amazing!
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How did you do it?
  • TLPad
    TLPad Posts: 34
    Options
    You have done fantastic, well done. You look great. Good luck with the other 40lbs :)
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'll echo the rest of the posters by saying you look absolutely amazing! I am trying to lose 90lbs and would be ecstatic to lose it in a year!

Congrats and I wish you well on losing the last 40!
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm so jealous, but in a good way! If I could lose 90 lbs in a year I'd be jumping for joy!! and then tracking it ;)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Fantastic job! well done!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    That is a big accomplishment! YOU GO!!
  • Rawrbyn
    Options

I gave up regular soda as a first step. I started walking everywhere, parking really far away from everywhere I went, carried a jug of water with me, and joined this site. Eventually, I started drinking diet soda. I work midnights, and needed the caffeine. I only have one every few days. I don't drink fruit juice, and only drink milk with protein shakes. Some days, I eat my calories, sometimes I eat 200 less. I find that when I vary my calories, it really helps my weight drop. If I want something naughty, I eat it....but I make sure it fits in my calories. If it doesn't, I don't beat myself up over it. I just continue eating well after that. I don't deprive myself most of the time. It has worked. It has been hard, but it has worked. I feel amazing, having accomplished it on my own, with no fad diets or pills. I feel like an awesome person, and someone who is worth something, finally. :)
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Woohooo ... that is awesome. Well done !
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    You look so great! :D Congrats!!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options

I gave up regular soda as a first step. I started walking everywhere, parking really far away from everywhere I went, carried a jug of water with me, and joined this site. Eventually, I started drinking diet soda. I work midnights, and needed the caffeine. I only have one every few days. I don't drink fruit juice, and only drink milk with protein shakes. Some days, I eat my calories, sometimes I eat 200 less. I find that when I vary my calories, it really helps my weight drop. If I want something naughty, I eat it....but I make sure it fits in my calories. If it doesn't, I don't beat myself up over it. I just continue eating well after that. I don't deprive myself most of the time. It has worked. It has been hard, but it has worked. I feel amazing, having accomplished it on my own, with no fad diets or pills. I feel like an awesome person, and someone who is worth something, finally. :)

Sounds like you found the recipe for success! :smile: Congratulations on your great accomplishment.:drinker:
    Thanks for the dose of inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahetwin83
    Options

Firstly a huge congras lady you have done A M A Z I N G!!!!!

and my approach has pretty much echoed yours - love the bit about not depriving, I have done this to so actually its not a diet at all....it's a lifestyle change!

You have always been worth something but its great you now believe it, here's to the next 40lb. Yes it might not be easy but look at how you feel now and how far you have come and think of how you will feel then!!!! x
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Dang girl! Looking great!! Congrats on the fabulous progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!