Body Fat % Visual

Options
Came across this brilliant visual for those who might be confused as to what body fat % they might be striving for. It gives you a good general idea of what your body should look like at each %.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

At the moment Im at 19-20 but as my fitness goal I would love to be 15-17.

Interested to know what body % goals you would find the most attractive in others/yourself?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Came across this brilliant visual for those who might be confused as to what body fat % they might be striving for. It gives you a good general idea of what your body should look like at each %.

Interested to know what body % goals you would find the most attractive in others/yourself?

This is an interesting comparison - shows that a low body fat does not necessarily = the asthetics you want.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love this website and visit it often! I'm 18.5% which seems to line up with exactly what the link shows! Great info!
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Its the motivation I needed to stop focusing on losing weight and focus on losing fat. You can give me numbers and figures til the cows come home but theres nothing like a good visual to hit home :)
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think 18%/20% women look much more visually attractive! I'm currently 22/23% and would like to get to 20! :smile: A male friend of mine studying nutrition/exercise science said that the majority of men are just programmed to be very physically attracted to women with body fat between 18/20% as it is signifies health which = babies :laugh: :tongue: Cool post, its good to be able to see how different each % looks as body fat is so much more important than weight! xxx
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    My current bf% is 34, my right now goal is 25%... at 20% I would feel completely sexy and satisfied.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 18-20% would be great. Thanks for posting!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It is interesting, but another thing to remember is that people are genetically programmed to store their fat in different places. By my Tanita scale, I'm 18% today (although I think it measures low.) I don't resemble the women pictured with 18 or 20% body fat. For one thing, I don't have a bust nearly as large as theirs.
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mfpcopine I hear ya on the bust front! Its just the way I am that once Im down to my healthy happy weight I lose any feminine resemblance in the chest department.. I do agree with you on that front, as I am also hitting the 19%-abouts and nothing like the 5'9 model with killer rack! BUT I do see muscle definition beginning and thats what Im focusing on.. like in the sample picture.

I dont believe I could lead a normal life at or under 15-17% without the little treats now and again to keep me sane so I would be happy to stay above that line. (Although wouldnt complain with looking awesomely ripped..) :P

And the baby daddies would indeed NOT be best pleased Melmo..another incentive to not be too hard on ourselves here. lol (any excuse)
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm right at 30%, but I look like 25. My goal is 20-25%.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Well, if this doesn't make me want to start lifting, I don't know what will. I'm definitely not lean. :sad:
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Thanks. Lots of great information there. I appreciate you sharing.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I'm hovering around 9-10% cheers :happy:
  • mikesa3
    mikesa3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is a neat website. It's way off for me though I have 38% body fat but look more like the 25% maybe thinner and no I'm not in denial. LOL I will keep working to lower my % though since I know it's very unhealthy.
    Nancy
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    .........going for the 18%-20%
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Mfpcopine I hear ya on the bust front! Its just the way I am that once Im down to my healthy happy weight I lose any feminine resemblance in the chest department.. I do agree with you on that front, as I am also hitting the 19%-abouts and nothing like the 5'9 model with killer rack! BUT I do see muscle definition beginning and thats what Im focusing on.. like in the sample picture.

I dont believe I could lead a normal life at or under 15-17% without the little treats now and again to keep me sane so I would be happy to stay above that line. (Although wouldnt complain with looking awesomely ripped..) :P

And the baby daddies would indeed NOT be best pleased Melmo..another incentive to not be too hard on ourselves here. lol (any excuse)

The main vanity reason I'm interested in reducing body fat -- or weight loss -- is the first on last off principle. I don't think I could ever get down to 15% unless I was dedicated to it 24/7. A few years ago, I had a scale reading of 16%. I think it was a mistake.

I've never cared about looking ripped. Way too much work and I don't think I would look good. If I tense my gut I have those side indentations, but I've never cared about having a six-pack.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I like 15-20% based on the pictures on the site.