cheating!!!!log into MFP for 3 days and all 3 days I

Options
I did not mfp for 3 days and all 3 days I have had some food that I wish to avoid!!! pastry, chacolate, icecream.. 3 days 3 high cal food.

why on earth am I cheating myself?? :noway: :sad:

Replies

• Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Because the numbers are too painful to look at. I've had my own battles these past three days... look at it as a learning experience!
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, just know that those were bad day and learn from it. You can do better and will do better. Remind yourself daily if you have to why you are here and why you want to lose the weight.

There are days I hate to even go to the food diary and put it in for fear of going over and knowing that I just cheated myself out of losing. But I have realized that the truth hurts and I learn from it and do better when I count everything. Unfortunately even the taste or bite of something counts.

Good Luck

You can do it :flowerforyou:
  • Jessimicab
    Jessimicab Posts: 21
    Options
    my motto is ... eat what you want but work it off!! :P
    if you try to cut it all out and be awesome good to start. you're setting yourself up for failure!! you ahve to be wary of the glycemic index, meaning the more sugars and complex carbs your body is used to the more you're going to want to eat
    so try and lower that index slowly, things that are sweet arent always high calorie, for example SPLENDA, I dont suggest using it continuously as it's not a natural food (chemically altered sugar) but it will trick your body into thinking youre feeding that glycemic index. the less you eat the less you want to eat and slowly your cravings will be minimized,

just keep it real and work it off if you cant resist it. :P

PS bicycling is the highest # of calories burned (7 per min) and easiest exercise. you can get a decent bike for 200.00 or 30.00 second hand at a thrift shop or garage sales. my boyfriend got a nice Norco mountain bike for 5 bux!!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You're human, that's why! Don't dwell on it. We all do it. The important thing is to get back on your plan. :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I did not mfp for 3 days and all 3 days I have had some food that I wish to avoid!!! pastry, chacolate, icecream.. 3 days 3 high cal food.

why on earth am I cheating myself?? :noway: :sad:

Ah, don't worry about it! That's the best part about MFP. We CAN "be bad" every now and then, because we ALSO know how to be "good"! We just need to watch our numbers MOST of the time and work with them, through moderation and exercise, and we WILL make up for our few "bad" times!
    Like me, today. I ate between 10 and 12 chocolate chip cookies, so had to do LOTS AND LOTS of jogging with my Wii Fit after work, along with deleting my evening snack, to make up for MOST of those cookies! :laugh:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options

PS bicycling is the highest # of calories burned (7 per min) and easiest exercise. you can get a decent bike for 200.00 or 30.00 second hand at a thrift shop or garage sales. my boyfriend got a nice Norco mountain bike for 5 bux!!!!

I also just found out that jogging in place burns about 12 calories per minute. I'm about to go downstairs and do intervals of that for about 30 mins....
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I've cheated today. Which I can't believe I let my self down like that. I finally was able to go back to the gym this morning after having been homebound since before Easter. I had a GREAT workout. Saw some old friends. I came home and found out that my vehicle (which I still owe $11, 000 for) needs a new engine!!!! It is still under warranty but it doesn't look like Kia will cover the repairs. The mechanic told me it would be about $8,000 to fix. I'm so disgusted. I sat down and pigged out on homemade pork stew and brown rice! Now, I hate my car, my mechanic AND myself! :sad: :sad:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've cheated today. Which I can't believe I let my self down like that. I finally was able to go back to the gym this morning after having been homebound since before Easter. I had a GREAT workout. Saw some old friends. I came home and found out that my vehicle (which I still owe $11, 000 for) needs a new engine!!!! It is still under warranty but it doesn't look like Kia will cover the repairs. The mechanic told me it would be about $8,000 to fix. I'm so disgusted. I sat down and pigged out on homemade pork stew and brown rice! Now, I hate my car, my mechanic AND myself! :sad: :sad:

How can it be under warranty, yet they won't cover it?! I'm asking because I've got a Kia too, so now I'M worried! :noway:
  • merrymusiq
    merrymusiq Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for the huge support and motivation guys!! MFP rock.. well.., worked out tdoay in the eve. Ate healthy dinner. Will get back on track and I know I can do it!!

thanks a lot! :flowerforyou: :drinker: