Do you think its possible.

Options
So, last Saturday i bought my lovely prom dress. But indeed i did buy it a little too snug (ON PURPOSE!). It is a size 8 and when trying it on it took my breath away because it is so beautiful. It has a side zipper and I can get the metal clasp together and the zipper about half way up, but i have about an inch or an inch an a half to lose before it fits perfectly. My prom is on June 14th. I have been working out like crazy, a mixture of cardio, core and strength training. Do you think it is possible for me to lose this? I hve about 6 weeks.

Any suggestions ? love yous!

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Why do so many women do this to themselves? What happens if you can't get it zipped by prom?

Eat healthy, exercise, and don't be tempted to crash diet. You will get there.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Why do so many women do this to themselves? What happens if you can't get it zipped by prom?

+1, to all of it.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Its probably not possible but for a temporary fix a few days before prom you can eat minimal carbs and drink a lot of water. Maybe almost a gallon a day. Avoid all salt and you'll lose enough water weight just to fit into it. You'll be uncomfortable and probably not able to eat though.

Everyone's gonna be mad with the bad advice I gave most likely but losing water weight will get you a size down for a dress.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I totally agree!!! good luck I know it isn't impossible!!!
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just keep working out, watch what you eat, and you'll get there. With this dress being a bit small, at least you have soemthing to stay motivated for. GOOD LUCK! you can do it
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You can healthily lose 1-2 lbs per week depending on how much you have to lose, I would say 1 lb per week going by your profile pic.

6 weeks means you can lose 6 lbs. People say there are 10 lbs to a size. So yes, if you are diligent and have your goal set right, it certainly is attainable.