Want to make peace with food

Options
9jenn9
9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
Hi All,
I've been on this site for a few months and am looking to make some friends with similar goals. I'm 47 and want to make peace with food. Like so many others, I've been at war with food and my body for years. Although I don't have a large amount to lose, I'd like to learn how to eat in a way that I can sustain long term instead of riding the weight roller coaster. In the past, I would set a number I wanted to get to then diet hard to get there. I wanted to reach goal quickly and would restrict calories rigidly so that I felt deprived. I would be a "diet martyr" until I could no longer take it and would then break down and overeat. Of course, then I'd be so angry with myself and quit, believing that I just didn't have the discipline to be successful. As I near 50, I just can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. It's time to take the path of moderation and I could use support.

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ernestruss
    ernestruss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and I to want to make peace with food. I am so tired of breathing so hard in everything I do. Back hurts all the time. :smile:
  • ernestruss
    ernestruss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :explode: I to do the samething. I just cant get a handle on my eating. I tried fruit nuts and such b by Friday I want a big cheese burger and fries
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This should all be about life enhancement...not deprivation. It is possible.
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I sent request making peace with food is the only way to get back what I have destroyed in my body. I have been logging everyday and have made lots of friends I also do yoga, 30 day shred and walk!! I balance out by the end of the day and certainly try to keep fresh fruit and veggies in the house. I also drink loads of water!!! Good luck and please add me!!!