May food challenge

Options
So who is in ?

I know it is not going to be easy, but the idea is to try right ?

So instead of doing only 1 challenge for the month, I have decided to do 4 mini challenges 1 per week.

The rules are simple.... we have to remain within acceptable caloric intake based on our goal and exercise. We have to drink sufficiently to remain properly hydrated.

Week 1: GO NEW Everyday, find a food item that you never had and include it in one of your meal. I am not talking about trying a new flavor of "smart one".... I am talking new food.... If you need idea feel free to contact me, I have a lot of food I am sure you never thought about ;)

Week 2: GO INDOOR This one will be tough for the busy people we are... but the idea is at least 5 out of the 7 days of the week, to not go eat food from a restaurant or a store.... this means home made food for lunch AND for dinner.... Salads are great for lunch (tip, get some chicken breast of tenders and bake/grill them on Sunday... then portion out in 3oz bags and freeze) When I get a lettuce, I slice it and portion everything in 150g bags, same with pretty much anything else... I make my lunch in 5 minutes Time to shine that lunch box ;) oh and no frozen dinners either.....

Week 3: GO VEGETARIAN At least 3 days during the week, you have to have a vegetarian menu (made at home of course).... remember vegetarians eat eggs ;) But you still have to make your macro's requirements and your calories for that day.... (or at least within range)

Week 4: GO FISH Fats are important in our diets.... unsaturated fats are better than saturated... almonds and nuts have good fat so does fish.... so during this week challenge it is going to be to eat some kind of fish at least 3 days.... steaming fish is super healthy and does not take time....

Replies

• btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    this sounds like what i do on a regular basis lol