Do you remember what it feels like to be healthy? I don't

Options
Here's a blog post I wrote this morning about forgetting what it feels like to be a healthy weight. Those who became overweight as kids can relate to this, especially.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheGoblinRoad/view/i-forgot-to-remember-250279

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    if you can related to this post, please share. I'd like to hear from those who feel the same.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    bump
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking forward to feeling what it's like to be healthy for the first time ever. When I was younger, I wasn't overweight but I've been plagued by serious health problems as long as I can remember: chronic/repeated ear infections, frequent bronchitis/pneumonia, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, ligament problems requiring surgeries, crippling migraines, depression/anxiety disorders, alcohol dependence/abuse, very serious digestive condition (pretty much in that order). All of that has been fixed so far, now it's just the weight that's left (and that's flying off).

Honestly, I cannot imagine what it's like to just be okay. I have no conception of what it's like to wake up in the morning and not feel awful in one way or another, though it's starting to happen little by little and it is very strange. It feels like something is wrong, really. Feeling bad is so normal that I kind of freak out when I feel fine, like I'm forgetting something or something is off. But I'd rather feel odd in that way than bad in a legitimately negative or painful way!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    I hope it feels AMAZING at that point for you. :)