Those of you who have lost weight using MFP...?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I'm just kind of curious if those of you who have had losses using MFP eat your exercise calories? Always, sometimes, never? I'm also wondering about carbs- do you keep a close eye on your carbs?

Replies

• faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i only eat 1200-1500 regardless of how much I exercise
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a lot but I do notice the inches coming off. I do eat at least half of my exercise calories depending on how hard I work out and what I eat. I try not to go under 1400 calories for a day including exercise calories.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I haven't lost a lot but I do notice the inches coming off. I do eat at least half of my exercise calories depending on how hard I work out and what I eat. I try not to go under 1400 calories for a day including exercise calories.

I second this. I've pretty much lost 1/2 to 1 lb a week, outside of a week here and there with no loss. What's helped me lose is upped the INTENSITY of my exercise.

good luck
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I usually eat my exercise calories and have lost 3 lbs since starting MFP.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    eat them. it seems like it has worked for me.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I generally always eat my exercise calories and that seems to be working alright for me.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I always eat them. If I can't eat them then I get really close (around 40 cals either way). I do take a day off once a week and just eat whatever I want to. It helps me stay the course and gives me something to look forward to.

Funny thing is even on my days 'off' I end up around 200 calories over my weight loss amount. Not too shabby.

Weight is just kindof falling off me right now. I have a lot to lose though, so that might have something to do with it.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I eat them.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat my exercise calories, but I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories most days.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    MFP builds in a 500-1000 calorie deficit for you, so you're not actually eating back ALL of the calories you've burned for the day when you eat 'exercise' calories. You're just maintaining that deficit. I eat my BMR+exercise calories. I had my BMR tested about 1.5 years ago so it's probably higher now that I have more muscle mass, so if I am ludicrously hungry on a given day I'll eat more than what I've allotted myself. I also go through long-term cycles of higher and lower calories, so sometimes I'll eat maintenance or a little more, and sometimes I'll go back into a deficit. I just came off a 3 week rest where I exercised just every two days and ate maintenance+, so now I am in a deficit. I have lost about 20 lbs since August (but I'm more concerned with body composition than weight).
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I eat them. I find that I gain weight if I don't.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for about a year, I have eaten most of my exercise calories. The more often I'm willing to eat fewer of them, the more weight I seem to have dropped. These last 10 lbs are gonna be tough, though.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't use a heart rate monitor absolutely refuse to get one. I eat about 60-75% of what MFP tells me except for walking/jogging I use my treadmill numbers. If I set my deficit at 700 cals per day I'll lose anywhere for 1-1.25 pounds per week avg.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've been eating my exercise calories and I have lost weight and most importantly- I'm not starving!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Russia1513-I feel your pain honey. The last ten pounds are so hard for me.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I just bumped the thread I wrote "Tami's Secret to Skinny" which explains what I did and what worked for me. :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Thanks a lot, guys. It seems that it works if you eat them or don't...or eat somewhere in between. It's encouraging to know I can eat them on the days I feel extra hungry, and maybe not eat all of them on days I don't need to. :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I just bumped the thread I wrote "Tami's Secret to Skinny" which explains what I did and what worked for me. :flowerforyou:

Thanks Tami, I'll check it out.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them and it seems to work for me.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them. That said I eat if I'm hungry after I have eaten all my alloted calories for the day. I am not in this to starve myself and figure if I'm hungry I might as well eat something small. :)