Weight Loss

Options
I had my ACL reconstructed 7 weeks ago and i had my check up with the dr yesterday. He said that i am progressing very well but i NEED to lose weight. I am current 5'5" 223lbs. this is obese. it was really hard to hear this coming from a dr. I have been trying to lose weight for sometime and now i cant do anything that involves pivoting for 9 months. So 30ds, insanity, dance classes are all out:sad: . Does anyone have any advice for me? Meal plans and possible exersices that will not effect the progress of my knee would be great:happy:

Replies

• zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    you could try doing some yoga- lots of poses that could be modified to protect your knee and still help you burn calories and strengthen and tone muscles which will help you burn fat. Also you could try arm pedaling- using one of those compact pedaling machines that sits on the floor, except you set it on a table instead and pedal with your hands/arms. A friend of mine who is over 300# and in a wheel chair uses one of these devices (his legs are amputated) and he pedals between 5-10 miles a day and has been losing weight using only this exercise. I hope that helps! Good luck in your recovery.