I'M NOT HUNGRY!!!!

kandyjo
kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, I guess I'm going to have to force myself to eat. It's 6:15 PM and I still have 1600+ calories to consume....I think I'm just going to have to NOT get all of my calories in today.... Because I have also started NOT eating after 6:00
It just sort of happened. I have been really busy today. Had a really GREAT grilled chicken ceasar salad for lunch today. AND did a really awesome 40 min cardio workout.... AND I'm not hungry AT ALL :happy:
Has this happened to any of you guys before? What did you do? How did it affect you?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    I eat as much as I can then chalk it up to experience. Next time I'll remember to bring a snack.
  • abbytat
    abbytat Posts: 14 Member
    It's happened to me before, and then the next day I generally eat ALOT to make up the calories (not by choice, but I just feel very hungry). Remember it's all about the net consumption, so try to go by weekly totals, it's a better gauge. I wouldn't worry about it too much, your body knows what it needs.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    eat more for breakfast. dinner should be light.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    oh and i don't think i've ever not been hungry, just content. :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wish I could have some of your extra calories to make up for the 10 or 12 chocolate chip cookies I pigged out on today! :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    With 87 pounds to lose, you have some room for error there. Just be sure you're not falling too far below your BMR and if you are, plan for a bigger breakfast.

Also, get some small 100-calorie or so snacks in between those meals regardless; eating every 2-3 hours is the best thing you can do for your metabolism.
  • kandyjo
    I ususally eat pretty much all of my calories and my exercise calories as well. This is the first time this has happened to me :blushing: :laugh:
    Anyway...I am not going to CRAM tonight...I think that will do more harm than good. I think I will just learn from this and prepare a little bit better next time I have a really busy day :happy:

THanks!! :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    No worries then. :heart:
  • Jessimicab
    Jessimicab Posts: 21
    that happened to me a lot before my 3 month plateau. (grrr) i lost 27 lbs in 2.5 months (a lot ... i know) then I ate like 650 calories for a couple weeks (average) I just had NOO appetite!! now i've been plateauing since late april. which im finding frusterating. I obviously killed my metabolism! just be careful :) sounds like you have a plan! good work :D
  • kandyjo
    that happened to me a lot before my 3 month plateau. (grrr) i lost 27 lbs in 2.5 months (a lot ... i know) then I ate like 650 calories for a couple weeks (average) I just had NOO appetite!! now i've been plateauing since late april. which im finding frusterating. I obviously killed my metabolism! just be careful :) sounds like you have a plan! good work :D

I'm totally scared that it will mess with my metablolism....BUT maybe this ONE TIME won't be such a big factor....(fingers crossed)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member

I'm totally scared that it will mess with my metablolism....BUT maybe this ONE TIME won't be such a big factor....(fingers crossed)

one day is fine, just try not to make a habit of it is all. The body does nothing permenant on the scale of one day (well, almost nothing) with regards to weight and body fat.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    so I'm curious if you have 1600 calories to consume have you not eaten all day? Or do you burn tons of calories when you work out?

That's way more than I've ever had left over :grumble:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    oh and i don't think i've ever not been hungry, just content. :laugh:
    I'm with you honey! :laugh:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    so I'm curious if you have 1600 calories to consume have you not eaten all day? Or do you burn tons of calories when you work out?

Same here. Heck, I don't even get 1600 calories to eat in a day before workouts!

Though, I have to say. I was going through the same thing today (just on a smaller scale). I had about 300 calories left to eat before I hit 1200. I got busy and forgot to eat the actual lunch part of my lunch and had just cheese and fruit. I think we'll both make it just this once. :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo

I have a 1360 calorie "diet".... I only ate around 200'ish and then I did some intense 40 min cardio that burned more than I ate....
    ANyway...last time that will happen :happy:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    I wish I could say that I'm not hungry. I wish I had that problem. My stomach seems to start rumbling every two hours.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    i wish i had that problem too...eating is a sport to me....im trying to turn sports into a sport!
This discussion has been closed.