HRM what do u have?

Options
2»

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 310XT. It was pricey when I got it 3.5 years ago, but has been rock solid until today when the battery in the chest strap died. Easily replaceable though.

It does EVERYTHING... HR, calories, distance, speed, average speed, elevation, time, intervals, GPS way points, you can set it up to race yourself if you've done a route before, and it uploads to the computer so you can see your stats, routes, etc. You do need an extra foot pod if you want to count steps, but if you want distance only, it rocks.

And, it's orange, which is a plus for me.
    It is a little huge, but who cares... you're working out, not going to a club ;-p

Good luck in your search!
    Jen

ETA: oh, and the main reason I got it is that the watch is rechargeable (no batteries to change) and goes 20+ hours on one charge. Hard to find any other GPS that will do that. If you don't need GPS, it's a non-issue though because it's the GPS that drains the battery.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A red Polar FT7...LOVE. IT!!
  • pashun_phlower
    pashun_phlower Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've had the same polar with chest strap for 4 years. I've had to change the battery a couple of times and it doesn't have a pedometer, but it seems like it's going to last forever. I keep telling myself that I'll buy a Garmin one day, but can't justify it until my current one no longer works.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4, DH loves his Polar FT7. Both have a chest strap and estimate calories for you, FT4 is cheaper, FT7 has a few additional features. You can get a pedometer for cheap. I actually have one but never use it. LOL. We also just ordered a BodyMedia Fit armband (like the contestants on Biggest Loser used to wear) - that one is designed to wear all day (even while sleeping) and tracks calories, steps taken, amount of time you are active, even the amount of time you sleep. DH gets to use it first, when he's got a good handle on his usual calorie numbers I am going to use it for awhile too. :-)
  • adailey94
    adailey94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    polar ft7 and i love it!
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I have the polar FT60. There's no pedometer but it's got pretty much everything else. I got it for $140.

^^ This. most definitely this ^^
  • mamakayy
    mamakayy Posts: 36
    Options
    Does the ft4 (or 7 for that matter) save workouts?

Shopping for these is so hard! I want chest strap, for it to track my resting HR, to be able to time my workout and get a summary afterward, and for it to save that summary long enough for me to input it, and I'm trying to find the best/cheapest option that does all three.

I keep going back and forth and back and forth and reading reviews and I just don't know what to buy!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i have the polar FT4 and a fit bit
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 with the strap.
  • Ryathur
    Ryathur Posts: 16
    Options
    Does the ft4 (or 7 for that matter) save workouts?

Shopping for these is so hard! I want chest strap, for it to track my resting HR, to be able to time my workout and get a summary afterward, and for it to save that summary long enough for me to input it, and I'm trying to find the best/cheapest option that does all three.

I keep going back and forth and back and forth and reading reviews and I just don't know what to buy!

The FT4 saves workouts, and I am sure the FT7 does as well. I have the FT4. It comes with a chest strap, keeps track of your workout time (I don't know if you can set an alarm for workouts, but there is a general alarm that could be used for that), gives you a summary of the workout time and calories burned when you stop the workout and keeps it in the "Training Files" on the watch where you see more stats. I don't think it keeps track of resting HR, though. Maybe the FT7 does.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I bought a new ft7 with chest strap on Amazon for $70 and free shipping. It saves your last 99 sessions, their durations, how many calories burned, your high and average heart rate per session and how much time during each session spent in the lower hr fat burning zone and higher heart rate cardio zone.
    If you wanted to know you resting hr I suppose you could just wear it, start recording a session and it'll give you your average for however long you're recording.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 with chest strap (in pink). I got it on Amazon for about $65 (free shipping). It gives pretty accurate HR and calories burned. It also auto syncs with my gym's cardio machines. I use it all the time (from walking my dogs, at home workouts to the Wii and DVD's, gym machines and aerobic classes as well as doing housework).
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    suunto
    it's dead on accurate it's well over 100 bucks though