calorie counting

Options
I was wondering how MFP members count their calories. I mean do you eat what you want and just stay with in your calories or do you try and eat more healthy choices. I sometime might eat something that is not healthy like a cookie or a piece of cake but I stay with in the calorie count, just wondering how some of you do it. Please let me know, thanks for the help.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I follow the IIFYM guide.

If it fits your macros.

1) Create a calorie deficit.

2) Hit your macros (fat, protein, etc)

3) Lift heavy

4) Fill the rest of your calories with whatever you like.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A mix of the two. I try to make healthy choices most of the time, but there are times when a cookie or a piece of cake is the healthy choice - psychologically if not nutritionally. Better a small cheat than a humongous, out of control binge.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my day. I plan on healthy meals and usually stay with what I have planned. If I eat first and log later I can't very well plan my nutrition. I love seeing that if I need to add calcium to meet my goal I can, or fiber, or decrease my sugars.

I do on occasion have a McDonalds ice cream cone, or Burger King Jr. Whooper (no cheese or mayo) and Taco Bell Taco supreme. But I work it in so I'm not over my calories.

Ocassionally I'll have a cookie but as I said from the start, I pre plan it into my day.

I do however do all the above very seldom.

And I'm finding the more healthy choices I make the less I crave the above mentioned treats.

My favorite treat right now is:

1/2 crisp apple chopped up very fine (pink lady is my favorite)
    5 oz greek plain yogurt
    2 TBS keshi almond flax cereal
    1 TBS chopped walnuts
    3 pks truvia sweetener

Love this treat!!