New to boards

Options
Hi everyone! I've been using MFP for awhile, but have never really used the boards. I'm hoping they'll help give me some motivation! I'm in Indiana, 29 years old, been married to my husband for 11 years and we have 4 children. I was always slim but I gained a lot of weight when we first go together (we both did!) from eating poorly and drinking entirely too much alcohol. After our second child was born, I worked hard and lost over 80 pounds. I felt great, and 20 pounds shy of my goal weight I got pregnant with our third child. I gained like 50 pounds pregnant with her and had only lost half of that when I had back to back miscarriages (one ectopic that actually nearly killed me and took awhile to recover from physically, and a second trimester loss that was really emotionally traumatic). I probably gained a good 25 pounds from depression after that (I have issues with depression and anxiety to begin with, and tend to be an emotional/stress eater), so by the time I was pregnant with our son (who's now 18 months old) my weight was at an all time high for me. I think I got up to 265 during my pregnancy with him. I'm at about 218 right now, so I've got a good start and have lost all my pregnancy weight from him, but I still have a long way to go!

I feel embarrassed and frustrated to have to do this weight loss thing all over again, but I guess at least since I've done it before I know I can do it again. I work out at Curves (I have a bad knee, so I need lower impact exercise) and of course, use MFP to track my eating. Thanks for reading, and feel free to add me!

Replies

• blondieliz1980
    Options
    reading this sounds like my own story i to have had miscarriages and suffered an ectopic pregnancy ive battled with depression and anxiety problems and i tend to eat when i feel emotional hope we can give each other some support x
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!