I NEED help!

Options
2»

Replies

• 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do you have a rice cooker? They're pretty nice. Brown rice with some ckicken breast .... grilled mushrooms/veggies. I make grilled veggies one day of the week, then stick them in everywhere I can.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    Together we can get through the hard parts.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    you can measure and prepare meals to portion and free/refrigerate for the week. keep the tv dinners for back-up but it will give you more variety and you won't feel like a slave to the food.

i have made meals and added the recipes on mfp. if i know i will get 3 meals out of the dish, then i can just quick add from my recipe tab and then the time spent putting it all together in my dairy is non-existant. not only do i abhorr having to portion and weigh every stinking thing, but i also do not want to worry if i have more today than yesterday or if i got the right item added.

i know the portioning and weighing sucks, but i honestly feel like i'm in control of what's going into my body now. i used to just eyeball a portion and say, "yeah, that looks about right". now, i KNOW it is. it's a lovely feeling.

one of my quickest and most favorite dishes is about 30 minutes in prep time. i will take boneless, skinless chicken breasts right from the freezer and add two tablespoons of butter to a skillet. i will put a lid over them and let them cook. then i will take a package of instant rice or noodles (like rice sides or pasta sides by lipton), put them into a mixing bowl and pop them into the microwave for 15 minutes. while the chicken is simmering and the pasta is cooking, i will throw together a quick salad with our favorite toppings. when the chicken gets done, i will use the last of the butter and the juices from the chicken to sautee some onion and bell pepper as a topping to put on the chicken.

like i say, it only takes me 30 minutes (including setting the table), my family loves it, and it's a quick clean-up. 1 skillet, 1 bowl, and i will have their plates already served with the salad (so there's an extra bowl gone). i throw the breast onto the food scale, scoop the noodles/rice out of the bowl with a measuring scoop, and plop it on the plate.

i have other things i use, this is just my handiest, most filling, recipe off of the top of my head. i hope it helps.