Hello~ Having problems with eating at work and with doc?

Options
Hello All,

This is my first time posting in a message board on a weight loss forum. I used to be on thedailyplate before it turned into livestrong, but now here I am since this is the easiest android calorie tracking app I found.

I just wanted to say hello and get some pals maybe to diet with and all that. Two questions:

What do you do if you work in a mall? I try to "cheat" menus but I still find it difficult due to hidden fats. Also its really hard not to eat as much carbs i've noticed!

Also when I told my doctor I really wanted to loose weight (down to 100) she googled at me and got scared that I was starving myself. I told her I was going to be on a 1200-1500 calorie diet with added supplements and protein shakes and she shut me down. Now I'm worried to go to the docs office since I feel like shes going to try to stop me or something.

I want to be about 100lbs by august 1st, I don't think thats an unreasonable goal, do you guys?

i'm 5 feet tall and I used to weigh almost 170lbs, just for ref :)

Also A little about myself, I like video games, fast cars, and electronics. Nice to meet ya all.~

Replies

• AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To elaborate- she told me that they don't even put the most obese hospital patients on a 1500 calorie diet with diabetes.

She doesn't know I want to loose it by august, which is when I want to go to the beach (in a one piece ovb) and be happy with myself lol.

She tried to scare me , which I felt was a bit uncalled for. Right now I'm supplementing my diet with some multivitamins i don't feel low energy at all. I drink water all day and I feel like its a struggle to loose weight. My entire family is very obese! Tho I think I've come a long way so far, just need that extra push!

Please all me as a friend if you want, I'd love the encouragement and support! I will gladly return the same
  • mattgleason
    Options
    First, congratulations on the weight you've lost. That is fantastic. You don't say how much you weigh now, but 100 lbs. is the low end of the spectrum for someone of your height and gender. I don't want to rain on your parade, but if that weight goal and calorie consumption concerns your doctor, maybe you should give it some more consideration. Remember, eating too few calories can stall your weight loss and can be really unhealthy. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. :smile:
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply,

So I look at my body fat distribution on my body and its obvious that I would be in a low spectrum. All of it is located in my stomach,lots of fat in my upper arms and in my thighs . I'm 124 right now and don't look anywhere near my good friends body weight distribution. She is 5'1" and is 135 and looks like a voluptuous model! So yes I know its low but I see that my wrists are bony yet my upper arms have wings, there's something wrong there! I have quite the large muffin top but skinny calves. It's a struggle and I don't think she quite gets it.

Let me also make clear she's a new assistant doctor as well, and I think she's just going by numbers where as I'm looking at where my fat is located in my body. Believe me if I had hips , *kitten* , and other pretty curvy stuff and was plushy I'd be ok, but as right now my body looks much older than I am.

Thanks!