Favorite low calorie snacks?

2»

Replies

• MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Fruit is my go to for my sweet cravings particularly Bananas.
    I came across this E-Book that had ideas for making Desserts more forgiving.

Reading this E-book had me eager to find recipes using some of these healthier alternatives. Luckily the writers of this E-book have books for Guilt-Free Desserts, Better Breads, and Awesome Appetizers, which makes searching for recipes so much easier. I figured I would just buy them instead of spending hours online or in book stores looking for cookbooks with these kinds of recipes.

You can view or download this E-book for Free!!! The link below
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/88764325/Fat-Burning-Baking-E-Book?secret_password=qeaa8igapvivbwa0yzp
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 164 Member
    Celery and peanut butter =)

I love,LOVE celery and peanut butter
  • Meringue cookies! The brand I like are 'Miss Meringue'. They come in chocolate and vanilla. Sometimes I find them in lemon. They sell them by the baked goods in the grocery stores by me (Jewel/Osco), often near the Weight Watchers baked goods. Trader Joe's also sells them. By default, I think they are fat free. If you get the mini ones, you can have 12 or so for about 100 calories. If you get the sugar-free ones, I think you can have over 20 of them for 100 (lor less?) calories.
  • mayralee13
    mayralee13 Posts: 35 Member
    bump forgot later
  • tamraj
    tamraj Posts: 50 Member
    During the day, especially during the work week I usually have the same snacks- hummus and cucumber and/or carrots, an organic gala apple or an orange w/ low-fat cheese, a hard-boiled egg or two- I almost always mix protein and carbs. Makes it easy to plan and somehow I haven't gotten tired of them yet. However, at the end of the day I am almost always wanting something sweet and decadent.- I never crave veggies at 9pm : ( I usually pre-plan my day so will build in an evening snack of low- fat Greek yogurt with honey and cinnamon ( like heaven) or cooked oat bran with a little milk, vanilla, maple syrup or maple flavoring with stevia and cinnamon. Something that I have started eating when I need a sweet thing and have the calories is cereal without milk- Cracklin' Oat Bran or Chocolate Shredded Mini-Wheats- very satisfying to eat and takes a long time.

When I am short on calories but still craving sweets I will sometimes nosh on sugar-free jello and cool whip- you can eat a very filling boat load without putting a serious dent in your diet. I do try to limit this kind of thing as I am always mindful of the artificial sweetener/corn syrup crap, although I haven't made a complete break yet.
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    I am addicted to Quaker's Apple Cinnamon Mini Rice Cakes...the first rice cakes I have ever found that I like! I also am into Cottage Cheese right now as well as chopped Tomatos/Cucumbers together.