Finally seeing that the scale doesn't tell the truth

Options
candj2009
candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
So, I've been on MFP for almost a year and in a year, I've "only" lost 19 lbs. Today I did measurements and compared to what they were my first day here. And what I saw was really a huge difference and I only measured 2 areas.

Beginning Waist: 40
Today's Waist 31
9 inches gone

Beginning Hips 43
Today's Hips 37
6 inches gone

Total of 15 inches even though the scale has been stuck at the same weight for a couple of months now. So maybe the scale is lying to me because these numbers are telling a different story.

Replies

• Lindamack5987
    Options
    Thats great! Keep up the good work
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Boot that scale right out the door! :laugh:

That's a big loss in inches AND pounds though, good job! Don't let that silly scale get you down. :flowerforyou:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Evil scale!
  • Heidbummer
    Heidbummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well the measurements are always going to be more accurate than the scale and you have done so well!. A higher muscle to fat ratio? Or are your scales just rubbish?
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, my scales always match what the dr. office says. My hubby says he sees more muscle tone.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. Started last summer and I have also "only" 20lbs. I definately keep out the tape measurer. Our starting and current measurements are almost the same :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!