eating at night

Options
i can do so good on my diet all day, but every night i just wanna eat and eat and its really hard to stop myself. anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?

Replies

• AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have to make sure I don't have anything easy to cook/eat because I'll eat it all >.< I've gotten good enough that if I need to cook it I won't eat, but if its already made nope >.<
  • kbryantjr
    kbryantjr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am bummed by this.:grumble:
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you have the energy do a short workout. Usually after that I no longer want to eat. You can also change your night routine- go to bed earlier, if you usually watch TV don't watch TV- do something else, so that you can break the habit.
  • irenedemos
    Options
    I also have this problem...what I do is eat during the day and at 5pm I stop. I do this 4 nights a week and I feel so much better. During the weekend I allow myself to eat at night, but I have to be very careful because I can go a little crazy. When I am hungry at night I either treat myself to a Starbucks Tea or Latte. That usually holds me over until the next day.
  • dihar2
    dihar2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!!! I am so frustrated with myself. I know if I can get this under control for 3 weeks then I'm good to go but I can't seem to get it together. Arghhhhhh. I think for me I have to get into more of a routine with my eating times and when dinner is done then I decide that I am done for the night. Truly is mind over matter. Choosing to choose.
  • girlholiday
    Options
    I set a little bit of most things I eat aside, so I can eat later or I'll save an extra 150 calories for later.

Usually I'll make dinner, and then pack a bit of my portion away or a bit plus extra veggies for later so I can eat something later. Or, slice up cucumber + tomato and snack on that.
  • Ajslovinlife
    Options
    Can I relate! I can barely be hungry all day and I have to make myself eat and then suddenly I'm starving...I am hoping down the road that gets better. I think its head hunger so I'm trying to keep it to one snack and thats it.
  • skypie02
    skypie02 Posts: 15
    Options
    Drink alot of water....sometimes when your body is telling you that you are hungry you are really just dehydrated if you are still hungry after that eat some fruit. Make sure to spread your calorie intake throughout the day so that if you are hungry you can eat. Maybe try hot tea? That helps me makes my tummy feel like its getting something besides just water! :smile: Good luck you can do it!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Eat something good and filling. I always eat oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a half a banana almost every night its healthy and fills me up!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I do! I stay up late working on homework, and if I feel hungry I can't focus. I have learned to eat less earlier in the day in anticipation of this. Working out regularly also helps tremendously-gives me a little room for those late night snacks!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I make sure i save calories for night time snack. I could go all day without eating then wanna binge from 8pm on. So i have made sure i eat breakfast and lunch everyday as a goal or else i would save all my calories for night eating....
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Eat something good and filling. I always eat oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a half a banana almost every night its healthy and fills me up!

This.

I prepare my daily menu to include an after dinner snack. Its normally peanut butter with a little nutella. Its filling and it keeps my sweet tooth in check.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Do you have calories left for the day? If you do,....eat. If not,..... go to bed.
  • djatk
    djatk Posts: 9
    Options
    Me too. If you must eat, make it protein. Hard boiled eggs are good or any all meat leftovers. I'm following high protein (40% to 50%) so there is always something around. The last thing you want is carbs at night! One thing that works for me is to make a production about making a fried egg. Its the ritual and then the eating and then I'mm ready for bed. Or a poached egg. Whatever you like.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    I know where your coming from.
    For me 2 suggestions.
    A slow release protein drink late in the evening, to kill hunger and its good for you.
    If you have the munchie urge's, rice crackers.
    For me, its not a case of all or nothing on a diet, but well, you may eat something thats not quite the best, but you have come off something that was, is real bad for u.
    Baby steps in the right direction, are still steps in the right direction...
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Sometimes people mistake thirst for hunger. Try drinking water.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fruit or veggies for a snack... I just got done eating carrots lol
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Last night I posted a status, my friend told me to go and drink some water. After that I managed to not eat.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. The only solution for me is to not eat anything. Not a crumb. Once I start I can't stop. Seriously, I will eat ANYTHING. It's awful and I don't know how to stop myself. Seriously. In a week I can control myself MAYBE one or two nights a week. Even brushing my teeth doesn't help.
  • TheFatAllie
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir!
    The specific issue I have is taking this medication at night. I feel the need to eat, STRONGLY.
    However, so far I've been successful in making sure "midnight eating" doesn't occur: Like some people suggested, save calories for the end of the day. Not a crazy amount of calories, but some. Then, drink some herbal tea along with whatever you eat.