How many pounds did it take...

Options
2»

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not many...but my mum has noticed that I have been working hard and it's paying off. She told me a couple of weeks ago she noticed a difference :)
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost about 4-6 lbs before someone commented. Now today a co worker tells me that I'm looking frail:huh:. Yeah I most definitely am not frail as i am still in the overweight category. But most of the comments are 95% encouraging and i hate to admit but i love to get them! Every now and then, there is that one that is a little off putting.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 and nobody has said anything yet. I am down a size. The clothes I am still wearing are falling off my butt, but nobody yet.

I just asked my husband if he can notice the weight I have lost and he said yeah.

There is one person that I think noticed though. She said to me last week that my new haircut looked great. I don't think it was the hair that looked different ( I got it cut 2 weeks before) though, it's my face.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 86lbs in the last 16 months. My mother who can not bring herself to say anything nice about me managed to not say a thing until prompted by the staff in the home who are amazed at the difference. "Have you lost some weight then?" "Just the 6 stone Mum!" No well done - nothing!! Just as well I am not relying on her for my self-esteem!!

:frown: ....That is so sad! So here, this is for you
    >:flowerforyou:
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Took me about 20 for others to notice, but I was off work when I hit that mark and was at about 27 when I went back and people really started to see it. Could be because I was not out around people much though...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It takes a LOT for those closest to you to notice. The change happens so gradually, and they see you every day. It's better to take some pictures periodically.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    i've lost 26 pounds and if i wouldn't have brought it up no one would have said anything heh
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It seemed to take about 20lbs (give or take a few) before people started to REALLY notice... I got a few comments here and there.... but when 20 hit - EVERYone was talking about it!

This was pretty much how it was for me, too. That being said I have lost 20 pounds & my hubby says he doesn't see it yet. SUPER annoying!
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how your body is losing the weight, is it coming off in noticeable places? The people you want to notice, do you see them everyday?

For me I didn't notice until around 15lbs, same as my husband. My in- laws noticed about 20lbs, we see them weekly. Coworkers noticed about 35-40ish lbs. ( Here comes my shamless shelf promotion:blushing: ) Now just about everyone notices because I've lost 73.3lbs:bigsmile:

Well deserved self promoting! 73 is awesome!

For me I would say around 17 lbs is when people would say something.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!