Green Tea

Options
I'm not a big fan, but I can stand it.
I've heard a lot of positive things about it, especially when combined with a diet. Should I be drinking it?

Replies

• kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yea!.. i drink it because i like it, but i heard that it boosts your metabolism. this is evident in the fact that it is one of the main ingredients in one-a-day weight smart vitamins.

besides being a good supplement, its also a good replacement for diet soda, or juice. it gets boring to drink water all the time-even seltezer and stuff. but the artificial sugar in diet soda leads your body to believe it is getting sugar and then when it realizes that it hasn't-it craves it even more. diet soda also bloats your stomache and is believed to alter your brain chemistry and make you feel depressed. i used to drink like 2 20oz bottles a day and since i stopped drinking it its been much easier for me to limit the amount of bread/white bread i eat, along with cravings for candy when im not even hungry. and juice while full of nutriets ( like v8 splash or somthing, forget juice cocktail because thats all sugar) it has as much calories as a small meal, doesn't fill you, and has tons of sugar.

heres a recipe for making green tea a little more tolerable:

make a big pot of it, enough to fill a pitcher/ the whole tea pot.
    boil and make the tea with 3-5 tea bags, let it sit for 5 min
    add a bottle of pom (pom is the brand:pomegrate juice) or acai juice(i found the acai berry juice right next to the pom and it was cheaper) get the 1-2 serving bottle
    refridgerate

if you buy the de-caf kind you can have as many glasses as you want a day!
  • Louiee
    Louiee Posts: 6
    Options
    I wasn't a big fan but I love the Lipton flavoured Green Tea.
    Have them without milk. Vanilla flavour is 3.8cals/cup or peach is 0.95cals/cup
    I put no calories artificial sweetener in mine to satisfy the sweet tooth. They help to make you feel full and regulate blood sugar level as well as boosting metabolism (by up to 5% apparently)
  • jamieguin
    jamieguin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you live near a Trader Joe's, they sell Green Tea with a hint of mint that is unsweetened. I drink it all summer long over ice but I suppose you could heat it up too.
  • Sher43
    Sher43 Posts: 3
    Options
    I dont care for the taste of green tea....so i use it for the liquid in my protein smoothies!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of green tea, so I buy mine at walmart or gnc in capsule form, works just the same.