diabetes on MFP

Options
I am a 62 year old female diabetic. I just recently had to start on insulin. I have lost 30 lbs before beginning MFP but want to start logging my food and watching my carbs and loss weight and exercise. I am in need of friends who are in the same boat or were in the same boat who managed to get healthier using MFP.

Thanks!

Replies

• debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have dieabetes also. I have lost 24 pounds so far and my blood sugars have been good. The Dr. said if I loose more weight I might be able to get off some of my meds. Yaay. But I'm on everyday so add me if youd like. Deb
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and i have diabetes type 2... we can do this! feel free to add me! :-)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm T1.5 and was on an insulin pump on massive doses, and taking metformin. I got off both. Good luck!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Type II diagnosed 02/23/11 at an A1C of 300+; within three months had my A1c down to around 6% on diet, exercise and oral medication. Six months was in the high 5% and have stayed stable since. Agreement with Doctor is at 15 month mark {June} if A1c and meter numbers stay stable we are going to try getting off medication.
  • scooterhaz
    scooterhaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, . also a diabetic