I have NO nutrition facts

Options
Okay, my dad is treating me to chicken burritos which he does every Saturday, the burritos at this local traditional Mexican cooking restaurant seem pretty healthy, the chicken is chopped into tiny pieces and stuffed into the burrito with nothing else but onions and cilantro, I just cannot find any nutritional facts for them. What should I do? I think they're fine but I'm just not sure. I am also not planning to eat much until then... :flowerforyou: Thank you for the help!

Replies

• BlowYourMind
    Options
    bump
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just go out and have fun! Size your portions, and enjoy your meal :)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can guess? Bring your scale and weigh it? A tortilla is x cals and the chicken is weight and equals yy cals?
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Lotsa restaurants hava nutrition menu for diabetics and such with sodium cals fat etc. Ask for one. I get them all the time. If they dont have onbe, use the database under traditional mexican. Hope that helps?
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    When that happens, I usually add the calories for the same food from another restaurant. It's a complete guess, of course, but it's better than nothing.
    Otherwise, if you're good at "measuring" just from looking at food, you can try to *guesstimate* that way.
    Good luck!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Use the database under traditional mexican. That's your best bet. if it's a mom and pop place, they may not have any info for you. If you want to be extra sure: tell them you love their tortillas and do they make them from scratch. If they say no, ask what brand.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Go out and have fun as for logging just poke around the data base and guesstimate. If you feel you really need to be precise break the ingredients down and log them.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    sometimes what i do when i go to a restaurant that is not a chain is i go to a chain restaurant that would be comparable. i usually add a few extra calories to it just to be on the safe side and than you could enter that chain restaurants version or just quick add the calories.
    beside each meal in your diary it has two tabs- add food and quick tools. click quick tools and you'll find a quick add calorie button.

hope this helps you a little at least !!

that is why i try to go only to chain restaurants or restaurants that spend the cash to have their food evaluated so i can check their menu's. a lot of foods no matter how healthy they look or how they taste it scares the crap out of me how bad they actually are.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would just log a homemade tortilla (whichever size it is) and chopped chicken (just guess how much they use) & onion separately. I don't always worry about logging green things, cilantro will probably have like 5 calories max. :)

OR

If I'm in a rush, I will use another establishment's burrito info, however, things can vary A LOT between places. Some places load theirs with rice and cheese or sour cream, so it's often hard to know how to compare.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Also, the waiter at the restaurant may know the ounces of chicken used. A lot of chain restaurants teach that as part of the training and some waiters remember stuff like that. Like the others said, just give your best guess on the individual ingredients and enjoy your time otherwise.