Lose weight, get a shorter inseam?

Options
Hiya,

For the longest time, I wore jeans with a 32" inseam. Since September, I've dropped 40+ pounds, so I went out to buy new jeans (among other things). Many of the 32" inseam jeans I tried on were way too long, and I actually ended up getting a couple pair that had a 30" inseam.

I KNOW I'm not shrinking. Well, I shrunk around the middle, but not height-wise. :) The best I can figure is that since I don't have as much of a belly to pull the jeans over, my jeans don't need to be as long anymore.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Replies

• huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    exactly the same - inseam went from 32 to 30 for me too.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I think you're about right; there's less surface area for the fabric to wrap around, so you don't need as much of it.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yep happened to me too. Less belly and butt, less fabric needed in that area, my girth is less so it doesn't hold up my pants anymore! Yea for us!!:drinker:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    And, remember that what might be a 32 on one pair of pants might be different on another. Found out the hard way with my daughter's favorite brand - bought a new pair and they were way longer than the pair she bought a couple of years ago.
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Same here...I had to get some trousers taken in about 3" at the waist and they also had to hem.
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    oh no, my inseam is short enough as it is, does this mean it's going to get even shorter with more weight loss? i'm already a 29in inseam :(.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    oh no, my inseam is short enough as it is, does this mean it's going to get even shorter with more weight loss? i'm already a 29in inseam :(.

Not necessarily. My inseam is getting longer as I lose weight (less thigh and butt preventing the crotch of my jeans from sitting where its supposed to I suspect), which is really freaking annoying since I'm right on the line between regular and tall length in most pants >.< It all depends on how your body is shaped and where you lose the fat I suspect.
  • mclarenmarc
    mclarenmarc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Goldenwoof wrote: »
    Hiya,

For the longest time, I wore jeans with a 32" inseam. Since September, I've dropped 40+ pounds, so I went out to buy new jeans (among other things). Many of the 32" inseam jeans I tried on were way too long, and I actually ended up getting a couple pair that had a 30" inseam.

I KNOW I'm not shrinking. Well, I shrunk around the middle, but not height-wise. :) The best I can figure is that since I don't have as much of a belly to pull the jeans over, my jeans don't need to be as long anymore.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks!

I lost 10 inches off my waist and I have experienced the opposite. Any longer than 30 inseam was too long and I'd end up fraying pants longer than 30 from ground friction. Now I need a 32 and 30 is way too short.