C25K & 30DS

Options
So, Monday I'll be starting Week 3 of C25K...am I crazy to be considering starting the 30DS on Monday as well?

Replies

• Kep2005
    Kep2005 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How has the C25K program worked for you so far? I just started it on Thursday night and I'm about to go out for day number 2. I'm super excited about it but I'd love to hear if it's actually working for people! =)
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So far it's been tough, but I can already tell a difference. The entire first week my legs were sore; the second week they weren't. And the breathing is getting better too.
  • Jessie__86
    Options
    Im currently doing both! good luck!
  • iLinduh
    iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both. You should be good! =]
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? Possibly. They can lock us up in the loony bin together.
    I finished week three this morning. I plan to start 30DS on the first.

Just don't get hung up on finishing the shred in 30 days. I plan to alternate shred and run days with every 7th day as a rest day.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I did both last summer when I started running again. Worked really well for me!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am doing both and trying to work Insanity in as well. I know it is allot but i feel since I cant complete the whole workout on insanity yet it will be okay.
  • kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love this! I finished my first time of the shred today!
    Am planning on starting C25K tomorrow - on a treadmill first. Im going to do my second round of the shred on the alternate days, with a rest day once a week too.
    We can all be bonkers together :D x
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of 30DS when I started c25k now i'm almost done with RI30 and on week 7 day 2 of c25k...also firm believer that this works
  • MrsKipp
    MrsKipp Posts: 3
    Options
    I did half of C25k then life got busy, I do think it works and really enjoyed it now i'm stuck in a rut. I think I want to give it another try i felt soo good when i was running.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Split it up and do one in the am and one in the pm. 30DS is only 25 mins you can do it!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    How has the C25K program worked for you so far? I just started it on Thursday night and I'm about to go out for day number 2. I'm super excited about it but I'd love to hear if it's actually working for people! =)

C25K worked great for me... Started in November, ran my first Half Marathon yesterday! Stick with it!!
  • dianacrum
    dianacrum Posts: 67
    Options
    I personally wouldn't do them both in the same day....but if you can handle it KUDOS!! If it seems too much, you can alternate days...in fact Jillian Michaels doesn't suggest doing the 30 DS in 30 straight days, but what does she know?!? lol Good Luck!! ;)
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I do both! its not really bad....and i still hit the gym during the day.

If you want to to them back to back I suggest 30ds first..then c25k. when i tried it the other way around i literally had NO ENERGY

GOOD LUCK
  • matisse0683
    matisse0683 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    C25K was a great program for me - the stereotypical "non-runner"! I started in January and finished my first 5k two weeks ago. I actually ran another 5k this morning (not a race, just on a trail). For someone who has never run before, it definitely eased me into the sport. I have another 5k race on the books for June so I can keep the motivation up. GOOD LUCK!
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Im on W7d3 of C25k!! yay!! i love it. I'm currently doing it with p90x and its been working out really well. If you are looking for extra support, i have a ladies only support group on fb and we would love to have you. Msg me if you are interested. :)
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing 30ds and plan to start c25k on the 1st!! Good luck!!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just stared C25K today (week 1 day 1) I really enjoyed it. I am adding it to my 6 days a week zumba regimen. I am only doing C25K 3 times a week so it will balance out.

I also never ran before but feel this program is doable. If you want to do c25k and 30ds, do it. You have to challenge and push yourself to reach your goals.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I did both the second round of 30ds I did. Now normally I run for 30min after I'm finished with my Insanity routine. if you are up to it it's a perfect combo IMO.
  • BohemianPrep
    BohemianPrep Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think it's that insane. YOU WILL BE TIRED! A couple of summer's ago I did both and I would run early in the morning and then take a break before doing the shred. I found that both together gave great results.