Vegetarian Meals

Options
2»

Replies

• anamikaman
    Options
    Tonight I had Quinoa and black beans- I just threw the quinoa and canned beans and water in my rice cooker with vegetable boullion and some cayenne pepper, and then I added some fresh chopped tomato in just before I ate it. Cooked all together, one pot, virtually no effort and delicious!

Feel free to look at my diary if you want any ideas.

sounds good. I made quinoa with plain old water and salt. I'd say its lacking in flavour, I'll try your recipe.
  • anamikaman
    Options
    i personally have been loving dragon bowls recently (as pictured in my avatar). there's no one recipe for a dragon bowl, so you can really customize it as you see fit. the basic idea is to pick your favorite healthy grain, i personally like quinoa, but you can use brown/red rice, bulgur, buckwheat soba noodles etc. pick your favorite legume, i like garbanzo beans the most, but often use kidney beans because they're prettier. then you add a variety of your favorite vegetables, either raw or blanched/roasted --some of my favorite are roasted peppers, asparagus, blanched kale, raw cabbage etc. topping it off with fresh sliced avocado is pretty common, but optional. the most important part --and what really makes it a dragon bowl instead of a bowl of quinoa and veggies is the "dragon sauce." a tangy miso-tahini dressing is a pretty standard and tasty option (i can share my recipe with you if you're interested), but you could also make any healthy vegan dressing to top it off with. sprinkle with sesame seeds (white, black or both).

Hey, sounds very interesting. Please do share your recipe. I'd love to try something different
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Replying so I can read this later - everything I saw looked very yummy :)
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just one? That's hard :happy:

I'm pescatarian so skip over the fish ones (or swap the fish for tofu, which I do sometimes). Most of my favourite recipes are on my blog ~
    tofu kerala style
    red lentil stew
    mung bean stew
    smoked tofu and lentil soup
    stuffed mushrooms
    scrambled tofu
    vegetable stir fry
    buckwheat wraps
    bean cassoulet (with smoked tofu)
    pineapple tofu
    pea pasta
    pea and pesto soup
    vegetable soup
    kedgeree (with smoked tofu)
    microwave steamed pudding :devil:
    brown lentils
    buckwheat thins
    beans and butternut squash
    red lentil loaf
    baked tofu
    root vegetable tagine
    farinata
    spiced vegetable and tofu tagine
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Gosser

Hope some of them help you out :laugh:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    www.yummly.com has a great variety of recipes from different websites, you can search based on vegan or vegetarian and even choose calorie amount and other things.

i love to make a nice stirfry with noodles or rice, mixed veggies, seitan and soy sauce. yum!
    i am a fan of stuffed shells as well, and i make a "beef" strogonoff with meatless crumbles, organic cream of mushroom soup (or make my own), sour cream over noodles with fresh mushrooms, yum!
    avocado wraps are good too, i cut up avocado and then put cheese in it, seitan and saute mushroom and onion. add a little pepper sauce and it's delish!
  • trugritz
    trugritz Posts: 1
    Options
    gonna give this a try
    thanks!
  • AllieHudson81
    Options
    thenakedkitchen.com and wholefoods.com are my favorite sites for veggie and vegan recipes. They provide nutritional info too.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    As soon as you mentioned meals with beans in it, you had me. I love them...
  • BenjaminMckee123
    BenjaminMckee123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump