I need chocolate!

Options
I cheated a couple of days ago and ate a handful of M&M's. I know. I know. Horrible. I need some chocolate. I didnt have any dark chocolate (which I would have preferred) so I ate those. Oh the guilt I felt. What is a good dark chocolate that I can have that wont undo everything Ive workd so hard for (even if it only a couple of pieces at a time)?

221393.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    It's not dark chocolate, but what I often do when I have a chocolate craving is I buy a half coffee / half hot chocolate from Tim Hortons.

I do LOVE dark chocolate though. Lindt (may be spelled wrong) make a great dark chocolate, but really I'm not picky :laugh:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Oh and they make dark chocolate M&Ms now too! Is that what you had? Because they are great!:happy:
  • mslopez4896
    Options
    That is absolutely SO NOT horrible!! It is normal! I usually buy Dove Dark because it is wrapped; I have about 4 pieces (would like to have 14) because I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth. I don't do well with M&M's because they are so small and unwrapped and I'll down 75 of them in no time. I did read they are only 4.3 calories each though. Do not feel bad about eating a 'handful' of chocolate - believe me that is NOTHING compared to the damage I can do!! Hope this helps! :wink:
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    I should also confess that over the weekend I did attened two childs birthday parties (my daughter, who just turned 6! and my nephews) and had some cake too. Three slices over 3 days. Chocolate of course! I also have a major sweet tooth and I LOVE SUGAR! Wow I feel better.

221393.png
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    Confession is good for the soul apperently! Especially when you're around so many people who are in the same boat.

Saturday morning I woke up with the worst sweet tooth in the 6 weeks I've been dieting and despite trying to be good with a low fat yoghurt, I had an ice cream and a chocolate bar later in the day!

Back on track now though (she says munching on her tuna salad!)
  • mslopez4896
    Options
    Like I said, trust me that is NOTHING! I would have eaten the three slices of cake THAT NIGHT. NO JOKE. :smile:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i had chocolate....:tongue: yesterday and it was so good and than felt bad about doing it to..but if you stay away to long it only makes you want it more and than you end up going over bored...so a little here and there should be ok...:bigsmile:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost every day, and I don't feel bad about it one bit! I keep a bag of Hershey's Dark Chocolate and Almond treasures in my freezer. If at the end of the day I have some calories left, I eat between one and four of them. They are 55 calories each, and since they are pre-wrapped, they are easy to portion out.
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost every day, and I don't feel bad about it one bit! I keep a bag of Hershey's Dark Chocolate and Almond treasures in my freezer. If at the end of the day I have some calories left, I eat between one and four of them. They are 55 calories each, and since they are pre-wrapped, they are easy to portion out.

Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately in the UK we don't have these or many of the other things that get mentioned on here :sad:
  • angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    Anything small and individually wrapped. I prefer to have mini york peppermint patties. I get my dark chocolate fix and the peppermint (supposedly) helps satiate my cravings even more. I believe they're about 50 cals each. Some days I need a few, others non at all. But I'm really glad they're here!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- I'll be the bad guy--

Ladies, come on now-- nobody "NEEDS" chocolate-- you want chocolate. Big difference.

Be strong--

Do or do not-- there is no try.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate most days of the week. I buy a big bar of dark chocolate with almonds and break it up into servings for myself and have that as a treat. You shouldn't feel bad about having chocolate. Just remember to have it in moderation. That is the key. I find that if you give everything you love up thinking that is the key to losing weight, you will fall off the wagon hard and fast. Remember, you are changing how you eat and also how you think about food. This is a lifestyle change not something temporary. Get rid of the notion that you are on a diet. I think people have it in their minds that being on a diet, you must give everything you love up. What you are doing is your daily diet to one that is lower in calories and healthy. You can have cake and other foods, just have them in moderation.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I make Betty Crocker Low fat brownies, but I make them in muffin tins so that I don't over indulge. It really gets rid of the chocolate craving! I'm going to make them tonight as I'm totally PMSing and need a chocolate fix .
  • vstarcher
    vstarcher Posts: 28
    Options
    Nestle makes a 60 calorie chocolate stick. They come in different flavors: dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and milk chocolate with caramel.
  • BigAnn
    BigAnn Posts: 38
    Options
    If you're craving it have a small piece. I usually keep something in my desk for a treat. It's better to satisfy the craving instead of letting it grow and then eating a carton of ice cream.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Special K bars - the Chocolate ones. Really chocolaty (is that a word?). Very satisfying. 90 calories.

I eat a granola or something mid-morning anyway, so I have one of those and it presses the Chocolate button nicely. Good stuff,,,
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I get Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate. I get the ones in the bag wrapped indivudually. I keep in fridge and eat at least 3 per day. They are so rich one does the trick. I just log it on my food each day and I get my chocolate fix and I am losing 1-2 lbs per week.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I cheated a couple of days ago and ate a handful of M&M's. I know. I know. Horrible. I need some chocolate. I didnt have any dark chocolate (which I would have preferred) so I ate those. Oh the guilt I felt. What is a good dark chocolate that I can have that wont undo everything Ive workd so hard for (even if it only a couple of pieces at a time)?

221393.png

If you want a dark chocolate that's good for you, look for one with at least 60% Cacao. The higher the percentage, the better for you. It's not as sweet as milk chocolate, or some other "dark" chocolates, but it won't sabatoge your eating plan, as long as you work it into your calories. Hershey's makes some really good ones that have almonds, cranberries, blueberries, etc. in them.
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately in the UK we don't have these or many of the other things that get mentioned on here :sad:

Waitrose in the UK do Hershey's if that's what you really want, but you are probably better off buying a good dark chocolate, breaking it up in to squares and putting it in the freezer. Because its frozen one square lasts so much longer and you get a real chocolate hit. Dark chocolate in small quantities can be considered beneficial to your health.

If you have to have milk chocolate, Cadbury's snack size chocolate buttons are 75 cals a pack.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I had an 'I NEED CHOCOLATE' evening on monday...
    let me start.....

Half a BIG bag of minstrels (like the ones at the cinema)
    Quarter of tub of Triple Chocolate ice-cream and its a BIG tub!
    2 Slices of yummy Thick Chocolate cake...:laugh:

For some reason i couldnt stop myself.. even though i was full!! Worst thing of all.. i woke myself up with sick in my mouth at 12.30ish during the night.. obviously my tummy was NOT happy with the food!!Revolting :sick: :sick: :grumble:

So lesson learnt Katherine.. Dont eat too much chocolate otherwise you will puke!!! :sick: :grumble: :sick: