I just realized my motivation

Options
When I went wedding dress shopping I had to squeeze into a 4X. We have decided to postpone the wedding until I graduate from college which will be in 2016 (I know that seems like a long time, but we will really know if we are ready by that point, so it doesn't bother me as bad.) My motivation is that by the time we get down to the really "hard-core" wedding planning, I want to have lost so much weight that they can't tailor my old dress to fit me, and I have to buy a completely new one. I know that sounds like a weird goal, but that would make me feel wonderful about myself on my wedding day.

I know I bought my wedding dress really early, but it was just what I wanted and it was on sale... and when you are my size that doesn't happen often, so I got carried away.....

But anyways, yeah, that is my crazy dream.

Replies

• Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's not a crazy dream. It's a dream you can make a reality!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    That's not crazy at all! That's a tangible, measurable goal that you can actually keep track of. I think it's a really good one because it's so clear, and also because you have lots of time to do it.

And don't worry about postponing for a few years, that is not a long time at all, haha! My boyfriend and I have been together for nine years and have been hearing, "Why aren't you married yet??" for most of that time! For us, it's being put off until we're done with school as well. We'll probably talk about it next year after I graduate law school and we move back home, but I think it's crazy to do something like that when there are other things that really need attention and focus. The relationship is just fine, papers or not, haha.
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also have a plus sized wedding dress bought for the same reasons. And I hear you about wanting to Have to buy a new one. I would love love love being able to have a new one tailored out of my old one with enough material left over to make an adorable little dress for my daughter :)
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That is not at all crazy! Good luck, I am sure you'll look beautiful!