FitBit

Options
2»

Replies

• bellefille
    bellefille Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok. You have to press the button to tell it when you start or stop exercising. But you have to press the button to wake up the display and scroll through the displays. So...how does it know the difference?

I am not getting this through my thick skull and this thing comes with no instructions.

:grumble:

I am hoping this url copies over, but you can read the product manual on the fitbit site:

http://www.fitbit.com/manual#section=start

It is not very detailed but it may help.

Also check out the Community section on the Fitbit site and the Fitbit Group here on MFP. Lots of useful information and helpful folks in both places.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Plenty of instructions and users online so don't worry.

True, but new users shouldn't have to flood the forums with all their questions to get the most basic information about the product. and as for the online instructions, the first I had heard of them was the post above this one by bellefille.

Dear Fitbit Co: Please take hillm12345's post...

"to stop and start a workout or sleep, you hold the button for 2 seconds. It will either flash start or stop. Also, when you are recording either an activity or sleep, the time, cals burned, steps, stairs, and flower will flash. You push only once without holding to scroll through the different displays."

...and print it on a piece of paper to be inserted into every fitbit box sent out to customers. Or print it on the box itself if you want.

Or at least include the URL provided by bellefille somewhere in your packaging. Why you would not do this instinctively is beyond me.

(The box actually says to go to fitbit.com/start but that only helps you set up fitbit with your computer. It offers no instructions to the user about daily use at all.)

Thanks to all of you who responded.