HELP!!! Need some Accountablity!!

Options
Ok, so I have been doing great and I am proud of myself for my dedication, but today is my birthday and I decided to eat whatever and not log any of it..I know that is bad...I usually log everything no matter what because it keeps me aware. I like to think...if you bite it, you write it.., but not today. I plan to be fully devoted and back on track by Monday. Of course we all know how hard it is to jump back in after having taken a day or two off, but I can't allow myself to quit. It would be so easy to stop logging in and forget all about this and my progress. I have been counting calories for about 2 1/2-3 weeks and have already lost 10 lbs! Basically, I need some accountablity!!!!!

Replies

• DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think you should write it down. Sure, go nuts if that's what you want to do, but log it. At least you'll be able to see how much over you went and maybe next week you do just a little more to make up for all or some of it.

BTW, happy B-day!!!!

Enjoy yourself.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have been doing great and I am proud of myself for my dedication, but today is my birthday and I decided to eat whatever and not log any of it..I know that is bad...I usually log everything no matter what because it keeps me aware. I like to think...if you bite it, you write it.., but not today. I plan to be fully devoted and back on track by Monday. Of course we all know how hard it is to jump back in after having taken a day or two off, but I can't allow myself to quit. It would be so easy to stop logging in and forget all about this and my progress. I have been counting calories for about 2 1/2-3 weeks and have already lost 10 lbs! Basically, I need some accountablity!!!!!

Seriously? Just log tomorrow. If you have to, plan out tonight what you're having, and log it, then follow it tomorrow. Part of the lessons learned about getting healthy is not seeing your birthday (I had two slices of cake on mine, it was 2 days ago), as a "cheat day" where you "didn't behave" but seeing it as "I had a treat, and that's OK".

Really, just don't even see it as a hump. I didn't log anything today. Why? I've been sewing all day and hubby worked 12 hours overtime, Im' just now getting to the 'puter and I'm tired. But it's no big deal. I'll log tomorrow :)
  • rlaseter1
    rlaseter1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Update..Ok so I decided to figure it all out..I figured that it really is best to log it. Even though I did not want to see it..I know that I am more likely to continue loggin in if I can log the bad. I really didn't go CRAZY today, but WOW, I think I forgot how easy it is to eat things that are so high in calories. I started out at Village inn with Banana nut pancakes, skipped lunch and had dinner at Red Robin and between the cake and ice cream....I MORE than DOUBLED my caloric intake..It really makes a difference when you pay attention to what you eat...Tomorrow will be my slowly winding down day so that I will be completely ready for Monday. Hey, I always heard that if you are going to cheat on your diet, you should do it all at one time. This is because your body can't possibly absorb every calorie going from little caloric inake to extreme. It's a shock for your body..I'm going with this...lol Tomorrow is a new day!!
  • rlaseter1
    rlaseter1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Update..Ok so I decided to figure it all out..I figured that it really is best to log it. Even though I did not want to see it..I know that I am more likely to continue loggin in if I can log the bad. I really didn't go CRAZY today, but WOW, I think I forgot how easy it is to eat things that are so high in calories. I started out at Village inn with Banana nut pancakes, skipped lunch and had dinner at Red Robin and between the cake and ice cream....I MORE than DOUBLED my caloric intake..It really makes a difference when you pay attention to what you eat...Tomorrow will be my slowly winding down day so that I will be completely ready for Monday. Hey, I always heard that if you are going to cheat on your diet, you should do it all at one time. This is because your body can't possibly absorb every calorie going from little caloric inake to extreme. It's a shock for your body..I'm going with this...lol Tomorrow is a new day!!
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday. The important thing is to not beat yourself up about it. Acknowledge it, let it go, move on in the direction you've been headed. Your doing a great job.