Best ? bottled water & is this dumb?? buying Fiji Water??

Options
Today, I spend $23.00 on a case of Fiji water, because I don't like the way my tap water tastes and the filters I've had leak or some other reason. I'm feeling kinda stupid for paying this much for water. I used to buy Trader Joe's water, but I'm not liking it's taste for the past month or so. I don't like many bottled water taste anymore, now that I'm drinking primarily water as my liquid with my food. I do like the way Fiji water taste--but feel really kinda foolish buying water and expensive water too. :sick:

What kind of water to you buy or drink?

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I fill up a bottle with tap water and put it in the fridge for a couple hours. I find any unpleasant taste goes away after a while sitting.
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    wow!! $23 for ... water
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm a major Dasani girl, but for christmas I got a brita water filter that you fill and put in the fridge, and I LOVE IT!!! Best water by far.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If your tap water is so bad, buy cheaper water and put lemon in it.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I buy sam's choice. Water is water to me. It's just wet & that's about it.
  • JessicaW0204
    Options
    I fill up a bottle with tap water and put it in the fridge for a couple hours. I find any unpleasant taste goes away after a while sitting.

I agree! This is what I do, any water tastes funny to me unless it is ice cold. We buy Nestle Purelife (like $4 for a 32 pack) and I drink it and then refill the bottles.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Do you like the kind that comes in gallon or even 2.5 gal. jugs? We use that when the power is out and it seems fine. Usually under a dollar a gallon.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have Brita filter pitchers which I love, but when I am away from home and need water, I always buy evian. Yup, water snob right here.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I know water is water, but I prefer Fiji over any other water. It has that fresh spring water taste.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I hate my tap water too but $23 WOW!! I like Dasani but that to me is expensive yet no where near $23 I only buy it when its on sale other than that I cant stand the taste of other bottle water except for Kroger and that is like $3 a 24 pk!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I know water is water, but I prefer Fiji over any other water. It has that fresh spring water taste.

I just like the bottle :D
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I buy gallons of distilled water at the store. 89 cents a gallon. It tastes fantastic and doesn't break the bank.

If I buy a bottled water, I only buy Dasani or Aquafina. I'm very picky about how my water tastes. I can drink tap water with lots of ice if I have to but I really prefer not to.
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a major Dasani girl, but for christmas I got a brita water filter that you fill and put in the fridge, and I LOVE IT!!! Best water by far.

I agree, thats what I do every day. It was getting expensive buying bottled water every day, so I too bought a Brita filter jug and use this to fill up my 2 X 1 litre water bottles I take to work everyday.
    Taste is fine, replace the filter every 2nd month, they say every month but I stretch it out a bit further than that cos I am stingy, and you are good to go again!
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I drink tap water, but Figi water does taste great, or maybe it's non-taste is why it's great.
  • amandasweers
    Options
    I use to waste money on water bottles as well, but now I'm trying to be more environmentally friendly as well as save money so i force myself to drink tap water. I find if you let it just sit in a cup/fridge for a few minutes it tastes perfectly fine . :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I used to only drink Aquafina bottled water. Then I realized it was incredibly stupid of me to pay money for water. I went and bought a filter for my faucet. I've found that using this filter makes my water taste just as good as the bottled stuff. I usually buy a filter for it every 3-4 months (they are around $15). I was buying a 24 pack of water twice a week, so I'm definitely saving quite a bit with it.
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I try not to purchase bottled water because of the plastic waste, but when I am traveling, I almost only purchase Fiji...

When I am home...I love my Brita.

There is a new filtration pitcher called Zero...try that, you might like it - If you are drinking water like you should, you are spending way too much money on Fiji!! (Then again, if you honestly can afford it, then that is great!!!)
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My tap water tastes awful too and I worry about some of the chemicals in it (and maybe they are in bottled water too but I prefer not to know). I seriuosly just buy the Shoprite or even Walmart (whatever store I am at) water and it tastes to me just the same as any of the others. Usually 3 or 4 dollars for 24 bottles.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    After reading this I think I am going to buy a bottle of Fiji tomorrow! I must see what all this praise is about.
  • tnielsen09
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing!