Crazy Canucks June 24

Options

Replies

• worlass
    worlass Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi I am from Halifax Nova Scotia. I just started this about 5 days ago and I love it. I have people from work hooked on it too lol. I work out on my Wii Fit and Wii Active 6 days a week and walk the dog for an hour every day. I really am motivated to do this, I find this site is going to help me:smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Halifax Nova Scotia. I just started this about 5 days ago and I love it. I have people from work hooked on it too lol. I work out on my Wii Fit and Wii Active 6 days a week and walk the dog for an hour every day. I really am motivated to do this, I find this site is going to help me:smile:

Welcome and Good Luk!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    ok, i just had an apple so i'm up to 3 fruits for the day!!

Where the heck is everyone, seems we have some people missing from check in??????
  • chickylet
    chickylet Posts: 76
    Options
    Weight today 134.5 lbs
    Last Week 140 lbs don't know what happened but I like it.:tongue:
  • verna19
    verna19 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all, I am from Northern Alberta and this is my first day on myfitnesspal! Am very excited to start this journey :o)
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Hello & welcome to the newbies !!!!!

As for the fruit challeng, I love fruit and probably go over the number of servings a person should have per day :laugh: It's vegetables that I struggle with...I know they're good for me but that doesn't help me much getting them down. :grumble:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    So i guess for the fruit challenge i had three yesturday: a peach, grapes and mango. mmmmm mango.:love:
    We will see how today will end up. oh i guess i have two already: peach and strawberry.:happy:

Welcome to all the new Canadians that joined our team!!! The more support, the better.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's sooooo hot outside!!!:bigsmile: Remember to drink your water!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Good luck with weigh in results Canucks!!:happy: :happy:
  • WillyG
    WillyG Posts: 80
    Options
    Fruit eaten today

1 bananna
    1 gala apple
    2 slices of midget sized watermelon
    7 cherries
    1 plum
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    fruits for me today:
    1 banana
    and 2 servings of cantaloupe!

Wow! I must say, i am very impressed with everyone's effort on the fruits! good job Canadians! So seeing as people are doing so well, lets just continue to encourage eachother, and continue to challenge ourselves....In this case I see that almost all of us are winners!!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WElcome to the newbies !!!!
    Congrats Skinny dreams on your first week of being the biggest loser !!Wooohoo keep up the great work !!!

Skinnydreams -5.0lbs 2.33%
    Wanttobemoreactive -3.0lbs1.94%
    Mxburke-12 lbs0.75%
    Cyndi1 0 lbs0%
    Freezeframe 0 lbs 00%
    Jay 83 - 0.7 lbs 0.47%
    Tashas 0lbs0%
    Ttthumper (1.0)lbs %
    Thejackyl (1.4)lbs%
    Jomickey (2.0) lbs 0%
    Momto5(2.2) lbs %
    Andycanada …welcome starting weight 256.8
    Chickylet..welcome starting weight 134.5
    Verna Welcome..please post starting weight !
    Warloss Welcome please post starting weight !
    Willy G..welcome starting weight 230

I am away next week so I will post the biggest loser for next week on the following Monday !!!

Have a great week everyone !!!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    So speaking of fruit....I bougt some Del Monte fruit smoothies yesterday. They are frozen and on a stick like a popsicle. I had a mango one...yummy. There is sugar in them but they are 97 calories each which I thought wasn't bad. It's just that I don't know about you guys but I can't get through the summer without some type of frozen treat. :noway:

I know you can get some types that are all fruit with no added sugar but I didn't see any of those yesterday. :ohwell: And since I was buying my hubby rum & raisin ice cream bars, I knew I had to get myself something so I wouldn't cave and have one of those as they are twice the calories. :laugh:

Oh and I hear frozen grapes are really nice too although I haven't tried them. :bigsmile:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I can't read through this thread right now ... darn employer making me do my job ... so I'm just bumping to make it one of "My Topics" so I can give it a read through later.

Bumpity - bump - bump :tongue: :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Aha - found you crazy canucks!

I joined MFP yesterday and finding the resources helpful. I've been on my WL journey since November 2008 and managed to drop 20 pounds easily enough. I have been stuck on the same plateau for about 4 months now. I hired a PT back in February and been working with him 3 days/wk, swimming 20x25meter laps twice/wk, and trying to fit in at least 30 minutes on my treadmill 2 days/wk. Come July I'll be starting Bikram Yoga and trying to fit in at least 2 sessions/wk.

My goal weight is 150
    my starting weight was 214
    my current weight is 190

Wish me luck!
  • WillyG
    Options
    So my fruit list for today:

1 bananna
    3 strawberries (that's all I had left)
    1 gala apple
    1 tangerine

Hello Mojogurl
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately only had 1 banana today....gonna try better tommorow!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I'm in Fredericton, NB.

Fruit eaten today:

1.5 Banana
    6 Strawberries
    A handfull of raspberries
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    WElcome to the newbies !!!!
    Congrats Skinny dreams on your first week of being the biggest loser !!Wooohoo keep up the great work !!!

Have a great week everyone !!!

Thank you!!! I feel great, hope to keep this up!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Crappy day with fruit today....weird, I love fruit!

8 strawberries
    2 plums
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yesterday was only a half cup of grapes.
  • WillyG
    Options
    Really bad fruit day.

I had two cherries.

I did however managed to make a lunch of the samples at Costco and input absolutely everything I ate. The good and the bad. It was not as bad as I thought. I am still within my 1200 calories for the day. I had a healthy dinner to make up for the sampling. Steamed rice topped with a little pico, poached boneless skinless chicken breast, steamed beans and carrots, spinach salad with tomato, feta cheese and a maple balsamic dressing.

Looking forward to eating the great fruit I bought at the farmer's market and at Costco today. I will be good with my fruit tomorrow, I promise.