Turbo Jam vs. Insanity

Having never done either of these and not really being a DVD workout kinda girl...which one works best and would be better to start with??

Replies

• knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    bump
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    I love both programs but if your just starting to workout go with Turbo Jam. Insanity is more intense and works on your knees. I also do Turbo Fire and notice that both Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire give you great ways to modify Insanity so you don't jack up your knees.
  • Insanity will give you more weight loss... Turbo Jam is not that instense. I would recommend Turbo Fire over Turbo Jam, if your looking for optimal results :D
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    I have been a fan of beachbody for years, and love many of their programs. I like to mix them up with a goal of 30 to 45 minutes of cardio. I just recently started using Turbo Jam and think that is a great place to start. 45 minutes of turbo jam burns about 500 calories as per this site...Insanity is something to work towards :) I also love love tony horton adnn you would be shocked how intense 10 minute trainer can be ENJOY
  • Insanity is incredible! And doable if you are already reasonably fit, it will push you hard. But if you're not so fit you might want to start with something less intense
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Yes, I agree with the above. I started with Turbo Jam, then did Chalean Extreme, then Insanity.
    Instanity is ...Insanity. Totally LOVE IT though!!
    But you really need to work up to it. My husband tried it...he is not otta shape hockey, vol. fire fighter, and ball hockey....He lasted 2 weeks. I have stopped in the last year working out....so I have re-started with Turbo Jam...and then hit Insanity again. I Love circuit training!!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Turbo jam because chalean shows you ways to modify the workouts and Shawn t doesn't. Also Insanity was to hard on my knees. Sweated my *kitten* off though. I use turbo jam and chalean extreme. Going to try turbo fire in 2013.:smile:
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Turbo jam because chalean shows you ways to modify the workouts and Shawn t doesn't. Also Insanity was to hard on my knees. Sweated my *kitten* off though. I use turbo jam and chalean extreme. Going to try turbo fire in 2013.:smile:
    Norabeth...I totally agree. I have a micro fracture in my left ankle and her modifications have made me able to workout in an intense way again. I do it all with no jumping, and love love that she encourages the modifications...makes you feel good!

Does Charleen Extreme also enourage and show the modifications???
    AWSOME goal for 2013!!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Norabeth...I totally agree. I have a micro fracture in my left ankle and her modifications have made me able to workout in an intense way again. I do it all with no jumping, and love love that she encourages the modifications...makes you feel good!

Does Charleen Extreme also enourage and show the modifications???
    AWSOME goal for 2013!!

Yes ChaLean Extreme shows modifications for every move. Perfect is you are learning or have physical limitation due to injury.
  • MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    If you're in really good shape already, I would say Insanity. But coming from someone who tried insanity as their first fitness program and not being in the best of shape, I never got through it. I always ended up giving up because I never looked forward to it and dreaded it because it was tough. But now I'm doing TurboFire which is a little more intense than Turbo Jam and I love it! I actually burn more calories with it than I did insanity because with insanity I had to take so many breaks to catch my breath from the intense moves. But TurboFire is fun and keeps you moving. I've done Turbo Jam before too which is still a good workout, but if you want something more intense I would consider TurboFire :)