I REACHED MY GOAL!

Options
Well, can't really believe i am writing this post. Here goes.

5 months ago I weighed 89 kgs, (not sure what that is in lbs) I didn't notice the weight stack on, and I got defensive whenever my family said anything, they should love me no matter what i weighed right? So I gave myself a different goal, instead of the usual lose 15 kgs and Mum will buy me a new dress, I did it for myself. I told myself to lose weight by netball season (march) because i wanted to be a better player.

I used MFP everyday, and the weight steadily came off, exactly as it said it would. It wasn't too noticeable at first, even though by Christmas I'd lost almost 10 kgs, however the penny seemed to drop in January and everyone started to notice. I tell you what the best feeling was, rocking up to my netball try outs, and all the girls calling me a 'skinny minny'. I have never ever been called that before, god it felt good.

But it wasn't just losing weight, to look thinner, I had to change my approach to food, obviously when I ate a block of chocolate in one sitting, I was doing it to fill an emotional hole, I had to recognise this emptiness, and find away to fix that, without using chocolate. I think I ate because i had low self esteem, so silly, because I was eating chocolate to make me feel better about my self esteem, and all it did was add to it!!

So i have completely changed my approach to food, it is now fuel for my body, and don't get me wrong I still eat delicious things, and treat myself frequently, but it is knowing when to stop, that is what i have learnt.

I think you can be happy at any weight, but honestly I needed some healing in myself, and with that luckily, came weight loss. My relationship with food was very abnormal, complete dependancy really, and now i am freed from that, I am able to eat what I want with control, and maintain a healthy weight.

Not to mention being so much fitter for netball!! after all thats what i did it for right?

Anyway, so now 5 months later, I have lost 16kgs and I now weigh 72.9kg, and I want to maintain this weight, its healthy for me and my body shape.

Thanks for reading this MFPs, its a great feeling knowing i have actually achieved a goal, but I will continue to log, because I find it so helpful knowing where i am up to.

Feel free to add your success stories, I would love to read them.

xx G

Replies

• dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    So I gave myself a different goal, instead of the usual lose 15 kgs and Mum will buy me a new dress, I did it for myself. I told myself to lose weight by netball season (march) because i wanted to be a better player.

Yes. This is not a temporary diet but a lifestyle change you are making for you! This only works when it means something to you on a personal level.

Congratulations on your success! :smile:
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Very inspiring :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i love hearing stories like this. well done.

and btw 89kg is 195.8lbs
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great job......you are looking great...... :)
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 lbs over 9 months, I am finding its a question of balance I must exercise if I want to eat well and I must eat less if I want to eat food that is higher in calories than I would like. MFP will hopefully keep me on the right path. It is a lifestyle change and it will be a lifelong commitment. Good luck to all out there hoping to lose a few more pounds and or maintaining.
  • emma_louise_23
    Options
    Wow congratulations :)
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    fantastic to read well done.
  • ljma84
    ljma84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done! I felt so proud of you as I read that, it sounds like you've cracked it :) Very inspiring !!
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Especially because you did this for YOU and not for anybody else!!
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am still so excited for you. Have been thinking about how awesomely you have done all day! Congrats again. :D
  • Grod6690
    Grod6690 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your comments!! I am feeling very loved. It is a great feeling to reach this, and I hope anyone trying to lose or maintain their weight looks at all the success stories and knows that it is possible for you!!

Thanks again everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!