Lunch ideas - on the go

Options
goldengirl28
goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
So I'm 1 week into this plan and last week i worked from home every day, but next week I'm in the office and want to take my lunch with me, does anyone have any ideas or what i can take in,

I have about 400cals for lunch (I'm on1500 a day)

PS: I'm trying to cut down on white bread

Replies

• tarheelteacher
    tarheelteacher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I teach and take a whole wheat sandwich thin with lean meat and whatever you want to add ...I do veggies and mustard. I also take a piece of fruit and a sugar free chocolate pudding (that is my chocolate fix for the day). It is usually under 300 calories and that leaves me enough for a healthy afternoon snack. Also, if I get bored with that I take a reduced fat cheese stick and one serving of wheat thins in place of the sandwich. I have been averaging a loss of about 2 lbs per week since mid January so it has worked for me. Good luck!
  • cazbags67
    Options
    Hi

I have a great low calorie recipe ..perfect for taking in a box to work, and it's so simple to make.

Basically fry any veg you want in one cal spray oil, I used peppers,courgettes, red onion and mushrooms. Place in a round flan/pyrex dish.

Beat 3 eggs together, stir in 200g of virtually fat free cottage cheese. I then placed 4 slices of sliced tomatoes on the top of the veg.
    Pour over the veg and bake for 30 mins gas mark 5.

Lasts four days and is great with a mixed salad.

Hope this helps..

Carol
  • judge51182
    judge51182 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have a lot of great recipies but my favorite is a fiber one sandwich wrap (7 grams of fiber!) spread hummas and add tobulei...its delecious and filling and you can have 2 of them for under 400 cals